Ask any of your gym gfs and they’d agree: You should switch up your gym clothes just as often as you switch up your workout routine. But we’re not gonna lie, a glimpse into our drawer of the same old activewear leaves us with little motivation to peel our butts off of the couch and get moving. Oversized tees and ratty yoga pants don’t at all match our fitness ambitions, and we’ve been hard-pressed to find workout clothes that actually do (you too?). So, early this year when Urban Outfitters launched Without Walls, a brand completely dedicated to cool and functional activewear and workout accessories, we knew we had finally found fitness essentials we could rely on to pump us up as much as our yoga buddies. This fall, it’s no different.
With a wide-sweeping range of colorful gear dedicated to surfers, cyclists, hikers and runners (as much as guys and gals who regularly hit the gym), Without Walls boasts both its own brand of trend-leaning tops, sports bras and spandex along with jackets, sneakers, swimsuits and yoga mats from a roster of hard-to-find labels and major-league active brands like Asics, Columbia, Patagonia and Vans. Whether you’re in the market for pieces that act as the final push you need to get your butt in gear (literally) to fit into your favorite fall jeans or are looking for a way to keep the dreaded Freshman 15 away, you’ll want to make Without Walls your go-to outlet for gear. Scroll through to get a glimpse of what workout wear will look like in your future gym bag.
1. Salt Gypsy Fanta Surf Legging ($68): Whether you catch a wave or jog for miles in these moisture-wicking, pattern-mixed leggings, you won’t be soaked for long. Made from quick-drying material, this pair is even equipped with a sneaky inner pocket to keep your keys at bay.
2. Without Walls Tie-Dye Dropped Armhole Tank Top ($28): This oversized, dropped-armhole tank is the perfect piece to wear over your go-to sports bra during cardio kickboxing or hot classes that make you sweat off the lbs.
3. K-Way Lily Mesh Jacket ($98): Mesh that doesn’t look like a flag football tank? It’s happening. Made with taped seams and water- and wind-resistant fabric, this breathable jacket will soon become your go-to extra layer no matter what course you crash.
4. Perusha People Ancient Coral Jumpsuit ($98): Yep, now you can workout in a jumpsuit, and we kind of love it. Think of how chill you’ll look clad in this handmade bamboo jumpsuit holding mountain pose, and how nice it will be when your fabric doesn’t tumble up your bod when you reverse your dog.
5. Onzie Pura Forest Dot Vida Pant ($68): Sometimes you just crave a little extra breathing room from your gym clothes, and these side-slit pants fit the bill. Tie ‘em at the ankle when you’re pumping iron, then wear them loose once you hit the mat.
6. Onzie Orchid Bustier Bra ($58): Don’t ever say that sports bras aren’t sexy. This bustier-style bra is your new uniform for low-impact workout routines.
7. MICHI Butterfly Cropped Top ($134): This knotted back crop top is our cycling class soul mate. We’re way more likely to push harder knowing that our backs won’t be puddled once we unclip.
8. Onzie Turquoise Track Legging ($64): If a legging ever made us actually want to get out and do more burpees, this is the pair! We’re obsessed with this black-neon blue-coral combo, but these spandex come in all kinds of swoon-worthy color blocks.
9. Asics Illusion Shrug Top ($58): Make your tank top go the extra mile with you in this comfy shrug top. A hood + thick cuffs with thumbhols make sure you’re completely covered when it counts.
10. Champion Novelty Short ($24): Mesh shorts made for a modern woman? We’ll take ‘em – one in every neon hue, please!
11. Nesh NY Illusion Patchwork Top ($128): This sheer top will work with whatever moves you decide to pull that day — keep it on for a little extra coverage while you run, cycle, crunch or stretch!
12. Onzie Elastic Bra Top ($44): Strappy bras are making the sportswear crossover (get it?) and we love it. Power walk in style in this scoopneck that comes in seven different colors.
13. Move by Alternative U R Powerful Hoodie ($68): Contrast trim and a crossed back adds street-style flair to this hooded workout tank. Toss it on over a neon sports bra and trek to the dance studio in style.
14. Onzie Colorblock Capri Legging ($58): Patterned cuffs and a contrast color waistband take these spandex from basic capri to gym class hero. We’d stretch it out in this pair any day.
15. ALIIGN Space Kimono ($88): This might be the ultimate way to peace out after you say namaste. A geometric print pops on this jersey kimono we’d totally wear outside of the yoga studio.
What pieces have you wishing you were sweating right now? Tell us what you want to be wearing during your next workout in the comments below.