World Cup of Food: 16 of the Most Famous Recipes From Around the World
The only other thing we can think of that’s more intense than watching 90 minutes of a grueling soccer match (aka drooling over the players’ abs) is the rumbling we get in our stomachs during the game. Hunger and soccer do not mix. At all. Instead of serving orange slices and juice boxes, score big with your friends and family at your World Cup parties by making these recipes from the countries competing in the matches!
1. Grilled Flank Steak With Chimichurri (Argentina): Chimichurri is a traditional condiment in Argentina consisting of herbs, garlic and vinegar. The only way to make it even tastier? Top a steak with it. (via Married Claire)
4. Toad in the Hole (England): Early game? Prep this dish before you go to bed and pop it in the oven in the morning. As a time saver, you can buy sausages instead of making your own. (via Kitchen Mason)
6. Brezel (Germany): Forget pretzels that you buy in the snack aisle. Wow your guests with these homemade soft pretzels. Drink a cold beer with this treat and you’re basically at Oktoberfest. (via The Savory Lab)
13. Arroz Doce (Portugal): Just as the final half winds down, treat your guests to a rice pudding bar! This recipe is delicious on its own, but you can also add tons of different toppings like raspberries and chocolate chips! (via Food52)
16. Apple Pie With Bourbon and Salted Caramel (USA): Nothing is more American than apple pie, right? A boozy and sweet spin on this classic will have everyone cheering for you, even if their team loses. (via K+K Test Kitchen)
Which recipes are you going to make? Do you have any favorite World Cup-inspired recipes of your own? Let us know in the comments below!