When it comes to alternatives to regular ol’ fries, we know you have your options. Sure, you can keep things healthy by forgoing the fryer, but sometimes a little indulgence is in order. Whether you call them poutine or disco fries, one thing’s for sure: These 15 options are LOADED! Whip up a platter and gather up your friends and family, these fries were meant for sharing.
1. Loaded Greek Sweet Potato Fries: You might be surprised that these fries loaded up with spiced lamb meat, tzatziki sauce, fresh tomatoes, feta and pickled onions are actually healthy. The key is a base of nutrient-dense sweet potato sticks that are baked, not fried. (via Our Four Forks)
5. Indian-Style Poutine: You’ll need a well-stocked spice cabinet for this recipe, but trust that it’s worth it. Between the almost so-good-you-can-drink-it sauce, garam-masala-seasoned potatoes and cubes of paneer (or curds), these fries are truly an exceptional — and exceptionally unique — experience. (via My Second Breakfast)
8. Kimchi Fries: A mix of sweet and Russet potatoes creates a colorful base for these bulgogi-beef and kimchi-topped fries. The finishing touches of Sriracha mayo, onion, sesame seeds and scallion kick things up a notch. (via Notions and Notations of a Novice Chef)
11. Loaded Bacon and Cheese Fries: There’s something impressive about a stack of fries piled high, but spreading them out allows you to absolutely smother each stick with flavor. And when we’re talking bacon and cheese, you know we want as much of those elements as possible in every bite. (via Love Bakes Good Cakes)
12. Crispy Buffalo Oven Fries: A terrific alternative to chicken wings, these oven-crisped potato wedges are absolutely loaded up with Buffalo sauce and cheese to create one irresistible appetizer. (via How Sweet Eats)
15. Mexican Sweet Potato Poutine: Crumbled chorizo is nearly camouflaged by the orange-hued potatoes, but just one bite will make its presence known. Paired with cooling avocado chunks and a cheddar mornay sauce (bechamel plus cheese!) drizzled over top, these loaded fries are almost too good to be true. (via She Knows)
Do you have a favorite way to load up your fries with toppings? Or do you prefer to keep things classic with hot-from-the-fryer potatoes and a dip in ketchup? Let’s load each other up with more good ideas below!