21 Non-Traditional Steak Recipes
This roundup is for all of the carnivores out there. Don’t get us wrong — we meat eaters love our veggies, and we’re certainly no strangers to vegan delights, but when the goin’ gets tough, we reach for a nice, juicy piece of steak. Check out these 21 non-traditional steak recipes that’ll throw your grill for a loop, and surely delight your tastebuds.
1. Flank Steak and Eggs: Season your meat with cumin, parsley, sage, paprika and curry next time you’re craving a steak and eggs breakfast. Oh yeah, did we mention this steak is sitting on top of a tortilla loaded with avocado and shredded cheese? (via Julia’s Album)
8. Warm Balsamic Steak and Veggie Medley: A righteous steak salad will fill you up and leave you feeling oh-so satisfied — especially when there’s asparagus and gorgonzola involved. (via Host the Toast)
14. Grilled Balsamic Skirt Steak With Blue Cheese Butter: Chimichurri butter… blue cheese butter… how will we ever decide? We can’t wait to sink our teeth into this amazing balsamic grilled skirt steak. (via Host the Toast)
16. Vietnamese Pho: There’s nothing quite like a large serving of aromatic pho to fend off a cold, fight a hangover or just warm your belly on a chilly day. Make sure to cut that steak very thin! (via Gimme Some Oven)
17. Steak and Potato Grilled Cheese: For some reason, putting steak, cheese and sliced potatoes between two pieces of bread just seems so right. We are more than happy to add this recipe to our grilled cheese repertoire. (via BS in the Kitchen)
19. Spicy Steak Tacos With Grilled Tomato and Chard Salsa: We’d eat tacos every day if we could. But what caught our eye this time around was the grilled tomato and chard salsa! (via Bev Cooks)
What steak recipe are you dying to try out? Let us know in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)