From stir-fry to stew, mushrooms have long been the perfect add-in to dozens of dishes. Did you know you can use them to make breadless grilled cheese? Yes, please! But the best part is that they can also be the star of your Sunday night dinner — especially if you stuff ’em. Turn stuffed mushrooms into the best appetizer on the table, or even the full meal. You can pretty much use anything in your fridge to make them. Leftover bacon from breakfast? Toss it in. Extra pepperoni from pizza night? They’ll be excellent. Start planning your next dinner party, because we have 14 stuffed mushroom recipes coming your way.
1. Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobellos: It’s undeniable these giant portobellos take stuffed mushrooms to new heights. Topping them off with some balsamic glaze adds the perfect *zing* and officially makes them to die for. (via Cafe Delites)
2. Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms: The salty combo happening here is simply mouthwatering. Forgo the usual button mushroom and try out the cremini — it sounds SO deliciously exotic. (via Jo Cooks)
3. Shrimp Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms: You’ll be transported to a little restaurant by the sea when you take a bite of these mushrooms. The breadcrumbs on top add a perfect crunch that everybody will appreciate. (via Little Spice Jar)
4. Bacon, Spinach and Four Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: Talk about a balanced meal. Bacon, because it makes everything better, and spinach, because it makes everything a little healthier, are the two key components of this dish. Then, of course, the four cheeses, because OBVI. (via Will Cook for Smiles)
5. Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: Salad meets savory when blue cheese mixes with cream cheese and a bunch of tasty spices. Pro Tip: You can swap out the wine in this recipe for chicken broth if you’d rather have an extra glass of vino for yourself. (via Jo Cooks)
6. Pancetta and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: You’ll be ecstatic to know that this recipe calls for wine. These flavorful mushrooms might just find their way onto our next brunch plate… because, you know, wine. (via Foody Schmoody)
7. Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms: This appetizer definitely elevates your typical stuffed mushroom recipes. It screams football halftime snack because of the zippy flavor and extra punch of protein. (via Wine and Glue)
8. Crab Stuffed Mushrooms With Garlic and Gouda: Who needs surf ‘n’ turf when you can have crab meat and Gouda? Make a platter of these and your seafood lovin’ friends won’t know what hit them. (via Peas and Crayons)
9. Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms: Sometimes, the cheese in a pizza just oozes. You can’t even see what’s happening underneath because there’s so much goodness on top, and that phenomenon is definitely happening here. We’re officially believers in the mushroom pizza, y’all. (via Jo Cooks)
10. Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms: We think this would make an AH-MAZING and unexpected morning side dish. Pair it with some pancakes for a touch of sweet and all of a sudden you have a home-run breakfast in bed. (via The Chunky Chef)
11. Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Mushrooms: Spinach artichoke is already one of our favorite dips, so putting it in a baked, tender mushroom makes total sense to us. For an extra creamy texture, these mushrooms have a half cup of Greek yogurt mixed in. YUM! (via Creme de la Crumb)
12. Quinoa Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms: Usually, stuffed mushrooms aren’t something you’d find on the healthy side of the menu (cue the butter), but adding quinoa to the mix is a great way to up the nutrition factor. Add some onion and a dash of Parmesan and you’re good to go. (via Lauren Kelly Nutrition)
13. Three Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms: The ultimate cheese combo: mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan. Oh, we forgot, and cream cheese. Make this ooey-gooey appetizer for a dinner party and your guests will go home happy. (via Real Housemoms)
14. Veggie Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms: If meat isn’t on your menu, portobellos can act as an incredible substitute. Thyme, paprika, garlic and pepper give the veggies a great kick to make this dish into a legit meal. (via Skinny Ms.)
Want more ideas for mushroom-inspired dishes? Follow us on Pinterest!