When those painfully hot summer days roll around, the blast of hot air that accompanies a blowout is basically the last thing you want. So what’s the alternative? An updo? Sure. Beach waves? Definitely. But sometimes a plain hairdo just won’t cut it. And that’s where hair accessories come in. To instantly amp up a top knot or tousled locks this summer, throw one of these on your mane.
1. Party Bobby Pin ($12): Make that pool party extra festive while simultaneously keeping your hair out of your face with this adorable bobby pin.
3. Hair Elastics: Sometimes a ponytail is really the only option. If that’s the case, dress it up with a fun elastic. No need to spend a fortune on them at Target. Follow this tutorial to make your own. (via The Crafting Chicks)
4. Ditsy Floral Scrunchie ($4): Okay, so we know you swore you’d never wear a scrunchie again, but after one look at this adorable floral option we’re hoping you’ll reconsider.
5. Hair Wrap Kit ($10): And while you’re reliving your youth, you might as well throw some hair wrap action into the mix. Right?
8. Open Bar Bun Holder ($18): Top knots are awesome. An accessorized top knot opens the door to a whole new level of cool.
9. Paper Flower Crown: If you’re hosting a garden party this summer, rock this fun paper flower crown that will last forever. Don’t want to source all the materials yourself? Snag our kit. (via Brit + Co)
10. Knitted Pom Pom Hairband ($12): We have a feeling Cher Horowitz would most definitely approve of this fun hairband.
What is your go-to summer hair accessory? Share with us in the comments below.