It’s time to bring out your sewing machines and brandish your needles. Whether you’re an expert seamstress or just starting to nurture your skills on pillow cases, Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday to share the love with your hand-crafted creations. Giving a handmade gift says that you spent time, energy and thoughtfulness on your loved one. Scroll on for 11 super simple sewing projects that are all hearted up for V-Day.
1. Heart in Hand Gloves: Stitch up a matching set of these gloves for you and your BFF and let the world know just how close you guys are. (via Mache)
2. Confetti Hearts: Everybody needs a little more confetti in their lives. Gift your fave people a sprinkling of sparkles contained in a stitched heart. (via Tuts Plus)
3. Knit Heart Dress: This easy dress tutorial will have your little loves ready for as much Valentine’s Day fun as they can handle. (via The Sewing Rabbit)
4. Rainbow Heart Banner: This colorful banner is the perfect decor to add to your V-Day party. We wouldn’t blame you if it became a permanent piece on your wall. (via Say Yes)
5. Heart Pocket Pillow: Candy, chocolate, love letters — this pocket can contain so many Valentine’s Day surprises. (via See Kate Sew)
6. Heart Coffee Cozy: Surprise your sister or your bestie with a coffee cozy to spruce up her ordinary cup of coffee. (via The Perfect Pear)
7. Heart Applique T-Shirt: They might look like butterflies landed on your t-shirt in the middle of winter, but they’re really Valentine’s Day hearts. (via At The Picket Fence)
8. Zippered Heart Pouches: Every girl needs a pouch to store her spare change… or her secret stash of chocolate! (via The Purl Bee)
9. Fabric Heart Coasters: While you can gift them on V-Day, you’ll definitely want to make a set for yourself to keep on your coffee table every day. (via Thirty Handmade Days)
10. Heart Patches: Literally wear your heart on your sleeve and upcycle any thrifted sweater with these easy heart patches. We heart that. (via EmerJa)
11. Fabric Valentine Envelope: Every love letter needs an envelope. Make one that they can store future love letters in too. (via Craft-O-Maniac)
Will you be sewing your valentines this year? Share your tutorials with us below!