10 Ways to Celebrate National Puppy Day
Today is National Puppy Day — a day to celebrate the adorableness of all four-legged fur babies. Fair warning: If you don’t have room in your home for another puppy you may want to step slowly away from your screen, because looking at these adorable pets is going to set your heart to pitter-pattering. Research says that photos that reveal a bit of a dog’s personality definitely help prospective dog owners fall in love before even meeting their potential new housemates. So the Utah Humane Society used a clever photo booth to help get their dogs adopted. Check out the personality of these furry friends.
And don’t forget our Puppy Love Story from Valentine’s Day, starring Brit + Co pups Turkey Temple and Miss Brie. From Tinder to their first kiss, their love story photo series will make you smile.
- Start your day with a puppy snuggle.
- If you don’t already have a puppy, adopt one from your local shelter or rescue organization.
- And/or make a donation to your local shelter or a national organization.
- Post a pic of your puppy on social media and share this article.
- Have a puppy party and invite your friends and their fur babies.
- Pledge your puppy a walk each day for good health and happiness.
- Read up on healthy puppy foods and filtered water and re-examine your pup’s nutritional needs.
- Double-check your pet’s vaccine schedule and health exams and make sure you’re up to date.
- Microchip & I.D. Tag your puppy in case he gets lost.
- Write your Congressperson and ask them to support the ban of Puppy Mills in your state.
Are you having a puppy party? Tag us on Instagram @britandco.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)