15 Awesome Storage Ideas for Small Laundry Spaces
Your laundry space may not be your favorite room in the house, but you bet we can all agree that it is often overlooked and overworked. Since we spend so much time doing laundry each week, this area should be as beautiful as it is functional. These awesome storage ideas will inspire you to make laundry more fun, once you’ve beautified your small laundry space. This week, organize your laundry room to make it Pinterest-worthy AF!
1. Lint Bin DIY: Add a little bit of a retro vibe to your laundry room with a bin that’ll help you quickly tuck away the lint fluff. It’s no wonder this is one of the most pinned laundry DIY posts on Pinterest: This lint bin DIY is super easy and affordable. (via Polished Habitat)
2. Washi Tape Mason Jar DIY: Add some color and personality to your laundry detergent storage. Using mason jars for quick access and scoopability is a great replacement for those boring plastic containers. (via Michaels)
3. Industrial Shelving: This Industrial laundry room shelving is so stylish, you’ll feel inspired to sip a latte and hang out while the dryer tumbles. Head to a thrift or home goods store to pick up a cute item like a waste bin or mini ironing board. (via Design, Dining and Diapers)
4. DIY Crib Spring Drying Rack: If you love hanging your delicates to dry, you know those foldable drying racks can take up a ton of space and fill up *fast*. This genius hack for hanging clothes is just what you need. Add a pop of color with bright and neutral tones. (via A Diamond In The Stuff)
6. Laundry Room Reno: If you are embarking on a laundry room DIY, this is your MVP. This modern boho-inspired makeover allows for shelf space, folding or even a cute plant or two, and the natural wood tones give the industrial atmosphere a spa-like zen feeling. (via Vintage Revivals)
7. Storage Container Ideas: If you’re not into the mason jar trend, snag a few glass canisters and levels to store your detergent. While you’re at it, keep thread, sponges, safety pins and whatever else you might need on hand. (via Pottery Barn)
8. DIY Rolling Laundry Cart: Here’s a crafty DIY that will have you saying, “Organize. Fold. Repeat.” Use this hack to keep your colors separated, or to set up spots for clothes and sheets into separate loads. (via eHow)
10. Laundry Room Eyesore: This before and after laundry room makeover is amazing. Once referred to as an eyesore, this newly renovated laundry room is how you nail adulting! (via Imperfect Homemaking)
11. Goodbye Ugly Wire Shelf: Consider updating your storage space and shelves with modern replacements. Jar dispensers and open cabinetry will help you say goodbye to those ugly wire shelves. (via Kirsten Erickson Blogspot)
14. DIY Preppy Drying Rack: If you want to save money or air-dry your delicates, put your DIY skills to use. This cute drying rack will help you save space in tight spots, and can double as a place to steam a shirt. (via Centsational Girl)
How awesome are these laundry room storage ideas? Follow us on Pinterest for more home storage inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)