15 Stylish, Savvy, and Eco-Friendly Ways to Get Your H2O On
H2O is vital to your health and happiness, but plastic water bottles are bad for the environment, not to mention expensive. So what’s a hydration-conscious person to do? We’ve got you covered with a roundup of 15 eco-friendly, visually appealing, and otherwise awesome gadgets to keep the water flowing.
1. Bamboo ($20-$25): This bottle has a glass interior for a fresh taste and easy cleaning. The outer sleeve of pretty and eco-friendly renewable bamboo protects and insulates your beverage: keeping the cold drinks cold and the hot hot. With three choices of BPA-free plastic tops, you can safely score easy, portable hydration or splash-proof coffee on-the-go.
2. Glass Water Bottles ($21): Made from a glass inset in a silicon sleeve, these bottles are BPA, lead, phthalate, and PVC free. The sleeve is specifically designed for mobility, with a great grip designed to prevent breakage. Dishwasher and microwave safe, these bottles are as multi-use as they are portable.
3. Vapur Anti-Bottle ($10): This is definitely the most portable “bottle” on this list. When empty, the Vapur can be rolled and stuffed into your purse or pocket, to be re-used when you need it. It stands upright when it’s full.
4. Collapsible Water Bottle ($30): If you love the portability of the Vapur, but are looking for something a little more, well, bottle-y, this is the one for you. Completely “scrunchable,” the Bubi bottle is insanely portable for a bottle that is also microwave-safe, freezer safe, and BPA free.
5. KOR ONE ($35): A more socially-conscious bottle, the KOR ONE is designed to bring awareness and funds to the global water crisis. 5 percent of sales of this bottle (and 1 percent of KOR sales total) are donated to Thirst for Giving, a campaign for ocean protection, global water crisis, watershed protection, and container recycling. Plus, you get a beautiful water bottle with a comfortable grip and handy spout.
6. ALEX Modular Bottle ($26): Made of three distinct pieces (top half, bottom half, and cap), this bottle is completely customizable in size and colors. The modular design also makes it easy to clean each piece without any special equipment.
7. Hydracoach ($21): We’ve already talked about this one, but it’s worth bringing up again because it really is one of our favorite fitness gadgets. We all know we should be drinking enough water, and this bottle helps you take the guesswork out of hydration. It tracks the amount of water you’re drinking throughout the day, calculates how much you’re drinking per hour, gives you an H2O goal, and then lets you know when you’ve reached it.
8. Polar Insulated Water Bottle ($ varies): Keep your water cool on-the-go during those hot summer and early fall days with this insulated bottle. It can keep your beverage at its original temperature for up to 24 hours… perfect for a long day at the beach!
9. Kangaroo Water Bottle ($13): When you’re going on a long run, it’s important to stay hydrated. It’s also important to hold onto the essentials: a house key, an ID, a couple bucks. This bottle sovles both problems with a handy compartment in the front so you can keep what you need close.
10. Takeya Glass Water Bottle ($15 today on Fab!): The bold colors and simple but interesting design are definitely the “wow” factors of this product. On top of that, it’s well made, dishwasher safe, and easy to carry.
11. Petal Drops ($6): Maybe you’ve just recently reformed your disposable water bottle ways. Don’t ditch the evidence just yet! This gorgeous and handy little device turns your environmentally un-friendly water bottles into rain catchers: harnessing this natural resource to be re-used to water your plants.
12. Sombrero Juicer ($13): Add a little something extra to your beverage with this juicer. Able to fit on standard water, soda, and beer bottles, the device lets you put some fresh squeezed citrus directly into your beverage. Yum!
13. Brita Filtering Bottle ($18): Get clean, good-tasting water from any tap with this Brita filter-equipped bottle. The filtration system you likely already have for your water at home, is now ready to come with you. The bottle is also designed to be leak-proof, so you can throw it in your bag without worrying.
14. BPA Free Bobble ($10): This BPA free water bottle is equipped with a filter that lasts for up to 150L… that’s equivalent to 300 standard water bottles that you’re not sticking in the landfill. Take that, the fun colors, and the funky design, and bring your hydration and your good karma wherever you go.
15. Sigg ($19): Sigg water bottles have become classic for a reason. They’re simple, but sturdy. They’re lined with an internal coating that lets you drink virtually anything without leaving a taste behind and that reduces the ability for bacteria to build up. And they come in a wide variety of colors, patterns, and styles.
How do you stay hydrated while on-the-go? Let us know in the comments below or over on Twitter.