5 Amazing Babymoon Destinations
Vacations are officially the best. And what better excuse to book a getaway than a babymoon? After all, this may be the last time in a long, long time that you’ll be able to not think about traveling with a baby (and all the fun logistics that go along with that). If you’re on the fence or just undecided on where to go, here are five amazing destinations to inspire you to catch the pre-baby travel bug.
1. Maui, Hawaii: If you’ve been craving a tropical getaway filled with lazy days on the beach and spa treatments every afternoon, then Maui is your perfect destination. You can soak up the sun while enjoying the conveniences of an established resort lifestyle. Better yet, this getaway spot also offers plenty of site-seeing opportunities, if laying around on the beach isn’t entirely your thing.
2. Santa Fe, New Mexico: From art galleries and historical sites to super-relaxing spa experiences and foodie-level restaurants, Santa Fe offers a babymoon that isn’t short on variety. The dry climate is also a welcome relief for mamas with humid hometowns.
3. Charleston, South Carolina: Plantations, beaches, charming little everything and oh, deep-fried southern goodness — let’s count the ways that Charleston holds up for a seriously perfect babymoon. For the tourists-at-heart, there are haunted tours, historical sites, bed and breakfast spots and more spas than you can shake a magnolia at.
4. San Francisco, California: The best part about San Francisco is that it’s close to the peace and quiet associated with a babymoon, but you can still get a full city experience too! Stay in the city and enjoy all it has to offer or take a day or overnight trip further north through wine country for a quiet place surrounded by beautiful landscapes and laid-back people.
5. Nantucket, Massachusetts: Some island getaways don’t necessarily need to involve palm trees and coconut drinks, especially when the agenda involves strolling on the beach, people watching and sunset picnics. And if you’re really into shopping for treasured finds from independent stores, Nantucket offers a treasure trove of unique discoveries that range from vintage shops to all-natural beauty counters.
What babymoon destinations are at the top of your list? Tweet us your faves @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)