It’s almost Super Bowl time! You know what that means. Football, Budweiser, and tons of delicious food. It’s when America celebrates all-American foods like wings, sliders, and of course, chips and dip. We’ve created 5 dips that are extremely easy to make, and only use 5 ingredients or less per dip! Make ’em all, or just make a huge amount of one. Either way, everyone will be pleased with the results… at least in the food department ;)
1. Bacon Chive Dip: We promise, it’s not as fattening as it sounds, but it is that delicious!
– 4 strips cooked bacon (and 1 tbsp of the fat that it releases when being cooked)
– 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
– 2 tb fresh chopped chives
– 1 tb red wine vinegar
– lemon juice to taste
Cook the bacon on medium-low heat until crispy. Set bacon on top of paper towels to drain the fat, but keep 1 tablespoon of the fat for later. In a separate bowl, mix the greek yogurt and red wine vinegar. Add chives, bacon, bacon fat and mix! Add lemon juice to taste (we used about 1 tsp).
The key factor to getting the creamy, bacon infused flavor is that tablespoon of bacon
fat flavor. Don’t worry though, you’re using nonfat plain greek yogurt, so it balances it out in the end ;)
2. Edamame Hummus: If you’re tired of regular old chickpeas, swapping it out for these soybeans will reinvigorate your love for hummus.
– 1 cup cooked edamame
– 1 head roasted garlic
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– lemon juice to taste
– salt and pepper to taste
To roast the garlic, cut the tops off a head of garlic, drizzle it with olive oil, and stick it in the oven at 375 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the edamame as instructed in the bag, and toss it in a Magic Bullet or food processor. When the edamame is completely mashed, add olive oil and a dash of lemon juice to taste. Lastly, add the roasted garlic and blend until it becomes a hummus-like paste. Add salt to taste.
Healthy and delicious, this is a great accompaniment to typically greasy Super Bowl foods. And it’s so pretty!
3. Baked Pizza Dip: Yeah, pizza in dip form. How can anyone say no?
– 15 oz (1 jar) ricotta cheese
– 14 oz (1 jar) pizza sauce
– 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 cup pepperoni (we used mini ones)
– basil for garnish
Grease a 9″ pie pan and then cover the bottom of the pan with half of the ricotta cheese. Pour pizza sauce on top of the ricotta cheese. Then, add the rest of the ricotta cheese on top and sprinkle bell pepper and pepperoni over the cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Right before serving, sprinkle basil leaves on top as a garnish.
We’re pretty conflicted because this dip just turned our pizza world upside down. What’s better? Pizza Dip or Pizza?! We can’t decide. As a result, we’ll keep taste testing.
4. 5 Layer Dip: A crowd favorite that’s ridiculously easy to make. Keep in mind, the amount of each ingredient is up to you and how thick or thin you want your layers.
– black beans
– salsa (pico de gallo)
– nonfat sour cream
– shredded Mexican cheese
Put one layer of black beans, then one layer of guacamole, and repeat with all ingredients. Done!
If you want to make this dip even more jam packed with flavor, try adding lettuce or ground beef.
5. Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip: A delicious classic, but a little lighter so we’re not throwing away all our resolutions with one meal.
– 3/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
– 5 oz spinach, cooked
– 10 oz canned artichoke hearts
– 8 oz light cream cheese, brought to room temperature
– 1 cup light shredded mozzarella
Mix together cream cheese and Greek yogurt until there’s no more cream cheese lumps. Add in cooked spinach, artichoke hearts, and 3/4 cup of cheese. Put the dip into a oven safe dish, and then top with the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until the top is brown and bubbly.
You won’t even notice that you’re cutting the amount of fat significantly! It’s still amazingly creamy and flavorful.
And that’s it! We love how each dip is so different, but can be made with 5 ingredients or less and still tastes delicious.