5 Things to Keep on Hand for an Impromptu Sweat Sesh
Too busy to squeeze in a full-on workout this week? We totally get it. It can be a real challenge to keep up with stress-inducing deadlines, drinks with co-workers, can’t-miss networking events and everything else that comes with keeping your career and social life on track. To make staying strong simple, we talked with three exercise gurus who swear that a few minutes each day is all it takes to keep making progress toward becoming your healthiest and most fit self. Scroll on for the five things the pros keep nearby in case the opp for a spontaneous sweat sesh pops up. We bet you’ll be inspired to find time for a quick break, no matter what’s on your calendar.
1. Jump Rope: Certified personal trainer Stephanie Mansour swears by her jump rope. She says, “A jump rope that’s custom fit for you is like you have a personal trainer right next to you, varying your moves with just ONE exercise.” Not sure which jump rope to snap up and store in your desk drawer? Stephanie loves Rx Smart Gear jump ropes and tells us, “I like how these are customized for your height — forget wasting precious time having to untangle a jump rope that’s too long.”
2. Foam Roller: Stephanie also reminded us about the importance of foam rolling when you work out regularly and stresses that it’s JUST as important as the time you spend sweating and strength training. She notes, “For my clients who are particularly stressed or have tight muscles (which, let’s face it, is most of us!), I always recommend foam rolling.” When we asked her how to manage foam rolling on the go, she told us that the GRID mini by TriggerPoint is small enough to fit in even a carry-on bag. She promises, “Releasing tight muscles and being able to massage yourself when you’re tight will make you more limber and help you avoid straining or pulling your muscles.”
3. Slides:Christine Lusita, a diet and fitness expert, schooled us about how effective slides can be when it comes to squeezing in a quick workout. “They’re easy to use, easy to pack, affordable AND provide people of all fitness levels an incredible workout that ranges from cardio to strength. The versatility of these slides is endless!” To exercise like Christine, pick up a pair of her fave Slides by SKLZ.
4. Resistance Band: “I love a resistance band for training anywhere,” Lisa Reed of Lisa Reed Fitness tells us. “I can easily fit it in my bag when I am traveling and pull it out for a quick workout in my hotel room, a gym or even in a park. Whether you’re often stuck at the office or a parent who’s always on the go, these bands will totally improve your strength and fitness levels.”
5. Mobility Sac: This one sounds pretty intense, right? Well, its benefits sure are — in the best of ways. When talking about her fave gear, Lisa clued us in on this cool tool, which actually has the ability to apply direct pressure to your muscles. “This promotes recovery, increases blood flow and stimulates healing,” Lisa says. Even more, a mobility sac can increase your mobility and range of motion AND and it’s an excellent tool for post-workout recovery, injury prevention and correcting muscle imbalances. Got all that? Phew!
What do you use or keep handy for a quick workout? Tweet us the deets @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)