7 Reasons to Get Excited for Re:Make 2016
OMG, Re:Make is *this* week (September 30 and October 1), and we are counting down the days! If you’re in San Francisco and are ready to unleash your inner creative self, then register here and join us at Fort Mason. Not convinced yet? Here are seven reasons why Re:Make 2016 will give you a reason to reschedule your other weekend plans.
1. #Girlbosses IRL: YouTubers Grace Helbig and Mamrie Hart, researcher Brené Brown and Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso are just a few of the inspiring speakers we have lined up for the Summit on Friday. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry and most importantly, you’ll SMIZE — theTyra Banks is our closing keynote speaker. (Photo via Getty)
2. Hosts With the Most: Joining Brit on stage are two fabulous co-hosts, fashion stylist Brad Goreski and TV personality Ali Fedotowsky. Prepare for some fun surprises and one very stylish stage. (Photo via Getty)
3. Makers Gonna Make and You’re Gonna Want to Shop: Our Saturday Festival is chock-full of artisans and designers showcasing and selling their handcrafted goods. If you need some gift ideas for the holidays (or any day, really), this is the place to look. (Photo via Katie Dean Jewelry)
4. The Bots Are Coming: We might be okay with robots slowly taking over the world if these are the bots that are leading the charge. Check out demos of NailBot, which prints art directly on your nails in seconds, and PancakeBot, which makes edible pancake art in almost any shape you want (even your own selfie!).
5. Food Trucks: All that shopping and making is bound to work up an appetite, but we’ve got you covered. Come nosh at some of the best food trucks in the city, handpicked by us! (Photo via Brit + Co)
6. Hands-on Fun: You’ll be able to get your hands dirty by learning how to sketch, watercolor or chalk letter from our B+C online class instructors. Plus, General Assembly will give sessions of some of their most popular classes, including How to Crush Your Goals (just in case you need a little reminder). (Photo via Lily & Val)
7. Live Music: Get your dance on with live performances from singer-songwriter Madilyn Bailey and fresh beats spun by DJs.
Are you headed to Re:Make this weekend? Let us know what you’re most excited to see @BritandCo!
Lesley Chen is a California native who writes about travel, health/fitness, and other lifestyle topics. She has a serious case of RBF and exercises mainly to balance out an aggressive candy addiction.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)