8 Affordable Ways to Upgrade Your Extra Bedroom for Summer Guests
Summer travel is in full swing, which means more and more visitors stopping by your place. There’s really no better time to give your guest room a little extra love. Whether you’re working with a spacious bedroom or a tiny walk-in, it only takes a few small steps to transform your room into their perfect home away from home. Scroll down to preview eight affordable decor ideas that’ll get your extra space ready for their stay.
1. Cheery Wallpaper: Make your space feel warm and inviting. Vibrant wallpaper helps keep the room looking stylish while doubling to cover any uneven surface you’ve got hidden underneath. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Non-Traditional Headboard: Playing with bright and bold colors is a great way to delight guests when they enter the room. Add a non-traditional headboard for a setup that doubles as both wall art and a bed backdrop. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
3. Graphic Shelfie: Position your favorite bedtime mantras above the place they’ll catch their Zzz’s. A shelf is an inexpensive way to display these AND gives a great excuse to go on (another) Etsy spree. (via The Lovely Drawer)
4. Colored Wall: When redoing the entire room is out of the picture, opt for a more minimal approach. Painting one wall achieves a bold statement without *too* much drama. (via Primark)
5. Upholstered Headboard: If you already love your bedding, try switching things up with the headboard. This palm print option is perfect for summer, but we’d settle for ANY of these fab options too. (via Mix and Chic)
6. Modern Details: When adding new furniture isn’t in the budget, leave it to the details to transition the space. Modern decor pairs well with most rooms. Check out these affordable online home shops carrying the goods you need to get started. (via The Spruce)
7. Bright Additions: There’s nothing wrong with a bedroom that’s sweet and simple. But there *is* something to be said about a space with eye-catching elements. Try throwing in a few bright accents (think: trays, trinkets, or wall tapestries) to add a little extra flair to your room. (via The Everygirl)
8. Take Root: Plants add extra life to your room. Plus, they have the added benefit of making the air you breath even better. Want more reasons to give them a try? Take a look here. (via Life on Virginia Street)
Looking for more ways to spice up your guest bedroom? Follow us on Pinterest!