13 ’90s-Era Hairstyles That Totally Still Work in 2018
It’s not just the fashion world that’s getting behind nostalgic trends. Turns out the beauty biz is all about throwback looks and products that will have you longing for old-school style. So if beach waves and fishtail braids just aren’t your thing, turn to ’90s-era hairstyles for summer 2018. From Princess Leia-inspired buns to butterfly clips, our favorite nostalgic hairstyles that were hot decades ago are quickly regaining popularity. Need convincing? Check out our favorites below.
1. Pop Star Buns: Move over, Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century, these buns are thriving in the 2010s.
2. Baby Hairs: Embrace your micro-fringe for a sweet ’90s vibe.
3. Volumized Pixie Cut: While slick, polished pixies were hot last year, we’re ready for something a bit more unruly. Volume is here to stay, people!
4. Piecey Bangs: The easiest way to channel this decade? Toss your locks into a bun, and pull out two small pieces in the front. Quick, easy, and on-trend.
5. Crimped: It’s time to dig out your old hair crimper, because we’re seeing these tiny, textured waves everywhere.
6. Tiny Twists: Get ready to channel your inner Brandy with these long, twisted strands.
7. Twisted Corn Rows: Twisting your hair back into petite sections (then clipping them with a butterfly clip, duh) was truly a thing way back when. We’re ready to bring it back if it means being able to use fun clips again. You in?
8. Symmetrical Buns: To keep these funky buns modern, make sure to pull out pieces in the front and on the sides. It makes the style a bit less polished and messier (that’s so 2018).
9. Half-Up Buns: Not ready to commit to a total updo? Try this half-up, half-down look that incorporates not one, but two vintage looks.
10. Messy Shag: Show your stylist this sweet ‘do for a serious grungy feel.
11. Slicked Back Pony: Grab your favorite hair gel, and work your locks back into the tightest pony possible for a hella badass feel.
12. Clipped Back Bangs: Yes, they still sell these classic clips, and we can see why.
13. Butterfly Clips: While some may still be on the fence about them being modern enough, we say rock them with confidence.
Tweet us your favorite ’90s hairstyles @BritandCo!