17 Must-Download Apps for Android Wear
Ever since Google announced Android Wear in March, we’ve been looking forward to seeing how the app world would respond to a brand new interface. We finally get a peek at the future-present of wearables with the launch of the Android Wear app store. Whether you can get a smartwatch to look cool or not (face it, they won’t all be as beautiful as this smart ring or the Tory Burch wearables), the real value is in what the watch can do for you. Pair yours with apps for fitness, and you could experience smart, hands-free workouts. Add scheduling and productivity apps, and you’ll never be late ever again. What else can your smartwatch do for you? Check out these 17 Android Wear apps to find out!
2. Watch Finder (Free): If you’ve ever left your phone in a cab, restaurant booth, dressing room or even just at home, you know how convenient it would be to have your watch alert you when you get too far away from your device. This one has your tech-sessory covered.
3. Pocket Runner GPS Run Cycle (Free): This has everything you expect from a fitness app, but the data appears right on your watch face. It records your daily activity, allows you to share it with friends and gives you props for meeting goals.
4. EAT24 (Free): Ordering delivery and takeout right from your watch? It sounds like something from the future, but it’s reality with this app.
5. IFTTT (Free): We dig this app, and now that it’s available for Android Wear, we’re overjoyed. The service helps automate apps to teach your device to be a little smarter. It currently connects with 132 channels, making life so much simpler.
6. Fit Interval Timer ($.99): As long as you’re working out with your snazzy watch, you might as well keep time with it. This interval timer can help you keep track of your exercise intervals in workouts like CrossFit and yoga.
7. Shopping List ($1.39): Exactly as the name implies, this app puts your shopping list (or to-do list!) right on your arm for incredible ease. You’ll look like a lady of the future and have two free hands without having to check your phone!
8. Hand Dialer ($.99): While your watch probably voice dials, sometimes that’s a less-than-desirable approach to making a call. This handy app gives a simple interface for quick dialing.
9. NudgeMe (Free): We know how important moving around can be to health and productivity and having this app at-hand can make a big difference. You’ll be training your internal clock to get up and move around in defined intervals during the day and getting rewarded for making progress.
11. EyeEm (Free): You’ll love this breathtaking photo app on your wrist. The app includes 20 free filters and lets you easily connect with emerging photographers and share your images on all social platforms.
12. Pinterest (Free): If you thought you spent too much time on Pinterest before, you might be in real trouble now. The Android Wear version has incredible features, like telling you when you’re near a place you’ve pinned.
13. American Airlines (Free): Airline apps have made travel a lot more enjoyable, but Android Wear opens up a whole new world of travel ease. This app puts your boarding pass and other vital travel info right on your wrist!
14. Duolingo (Free): The app has helped countless people get a handle on foreign vocab. Now that it’s available on your wrist, you have a brand new way to make the best use of your spare time. The Wear version works a little like flashcards, making it a breeze to commit new words to memory.
15. MyTrails ($1.58): Gone are the days of fancy and expensive gear for off-roading. This app is a dream come true for hikers, bikers, runners and campers. Track elevation, speed, time and tons of other details right from your wrist.
Are you using a smartwatch? We’d love to hear about your favorite app from Android Wear!