7 Awesome Mustard Flavors You Didn’t Know Existed
Foodies know that a good quality mustard can instantly change the taste of a sandwich. We’ve even gone so far as to make our own Honey Curry mustard and have taken mustard baths to get that glow back into our skin. To celebrate the tangy + spicy stuff, we’re giving you seven tasty mustards that we want to slather on everything. (Hint: Make these homemade pretzel bunnies and pair with some mustard dips for the cutest snack ever.)
1. Green Mountain Mustard ($28 for a 4-pack): If you like things hot, then you’ll want to snag the Hot and Spicy mustard pack that contains jalapeño, sweet hot, red habanero and Sriracha mustards. These handcrafted spreads are made in Vermont. Learn a little bit more about the makers in our interview with the founder.
2. Dulcet Moroccan Mustard ($6): This organic mustard is mixed with fragrant spices such as Spanish paprika, turmeric, coriander and saffron for a wholly different savory taste that can perk up any sandwich.
3. Brown Sugar + Pecan Mustard ($7): We would like to spread this sweet mustard all over a wheel of Brie, bake it and then serve it with crackers. For ourselves, not to share. Don’t judge.
5. Caramelized Apple Champagne Mustard ($7): We’ve seen beer in mustard before, but champagne takes the cake. This spicy brown mustard is mixed with caramelized apples and bubbly champagne for a classy and unique flavor combo.
6. Sierra Nevada Mustard ($4): Offered in three different flavors — pale ale, porter and stout — these are the kinds of mustard to serve with some homemade pretzel buns and your favorite craft beers.
7. Raspberry Wasabi Dipping Mustard ($8): Online reviews rave that neither the sweet raspberry flavor nor the punchy wasabi takes over this unique mustard spread. It would be the perfect gift for the condiment connoisseur in your life.
Which mustards would you be willing to try? Tell us in the comments!