13 Seriously Adorable Cake Smash Photo Ideas for Baby’s First Birthday
If you’ve ever seen a baby trying to eat cake (or pretty much anything) on their first birthday, you know it can get pretty messy. Luckily, that’s the whole idea behind cake smash photos: Set a kids’ birthday cake in front of your little one and keep a camera at the ready for the adorably momentous occasion. To help you take your cake smash photos to the next level, we’ve rounded up the cutest and most creative photo shoots to inspire yours. Here are 13 super *sweet* cake smash ideas to inspire the most Instagrammable first birthday ever.
1. Lemonade Stand: Chloe’s lemonade stand might just give Queen Bey’s “Lemonade” a run for her money. Just look at those chubby cheeks! If your little one is sweet enough to make you *pucker* up for a kiss, consider a fitting lemonade theme for your baby’s cake smash. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
2. Mickey Mouse: Throw a Mickey Mouse-inspired cake smash if your baby loves all things Disney. All this needs is a pair of Mickey Mouse ears to finish off the look! If you’ll be taking the photos, keep in mind that the cake won’t last long, so snap away! (via Jenn Hoffman Photography)
3. Bumble Baby: Yes, your baby can be a li’l stinger when they’re upset; but when they’re sweet, they’re as sweet as honey. Throw them an adorable first birthday with a buzzworthy theme. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
4. Circus Act: Babies are hilarious even when they aren’t trying to be. If your little one can moonlight as a circus performer, this carnivalesque cake smash is all kinds of perfect. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
5. Cookie Monster: Surprise your baby with a bright blue Cookie Monster cake for their first birthday. Once you put the cake in front of them, it won’t take long until you get plenty of *sweet* photos. (via LCE Photography)
6. Turquoise + Pink: It doesn’t take much to pull off a cute cake-smash photo session. Though the decorations are kept to a minimum, a cute outfit can make the whole look. Who knew a simple headband and frilly skirt is all that’s needed to keep all eyes on your baby? (via Liz Anne Photography / The Frosted Petticoat)
7. Picnic Party: This watermelon party is the perfect cake smash idea to throw for your summer baby. Pack a picnic (and some wet naps) to enjoy a real picnic with the fam before the cake smashing session. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
8. Little Lumberjack: Flannel, lumber and lanterns will go V far in creating a successful lumberjack-themed cake smash. Throw in a pair of glasses in some of the photos for instant hipster vibes. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
9. Decked Out Flapper: The Art Deco flair on this sweet little babe looks as sweet as those layers of lace and pearls. Once you wrap up the shoot, you’ll want to have an extra onesie and a set of towels handy for quick cleanup. (via Design Evolving)
10. Cowgirl: She’s a little rowdy — but all babies are! Why not channel that inner rodeo spirit with a cowgirl outfit and theme? Just make sure to take plenty of photos pre-messy baby so you can look back and see the progression of their cake smashing. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
11. Whimsical in White: There’s no going wrong with a minimalist theme for your baby’s cake smash — not to mention that a simple background keeps the focus on the baby. Slip them into a darling white outfit, throw in a white cake with floral accents and you’ve got the perfect equation for fail-proof, charming photos to look back on for years to come. (via Miranda North Photography)
12. Baby Ruth: Foster an early love for baseball with this adorable American pastime look. To maintain consistency in your setup, coordinate your decorations with those on your cake. (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
13. Frills + Flowers: If you prefer natural lighting, prep a spot outdoors by polishing up the scene a bit and removing any visual distractions from the background (i.e. kids’ toys, chairs, etc.). Remember: Less clutter allows more of the focus to stay on your baby. For example, this simple blanket + hanging flowers decor combo totally does the trick! (via Karissa Knowles Photography)
Will you be throwing your little one a cake smash? Follow us on Pinterest for more adorable ideas for your kiddos!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.