Send Us Photos of You and Your Boo, Win $500!!
Around here, we happen to love love. From hilarious DIY couples costumes to crazy creative proposal stories, we’re huge fans of celebrating love… especially in the form of a photo. Which brings us conveniently to the topic of today’s #winning giveaway ;) We’ve teamed up with Target Wedding Registry to bring you the 2nd Annual Be Yourself Together Contest!
Here are the deets:
1. Press the button below to upload up to 5 photos of you and your significant other that represent who you two are as a couple.
2. FIVE lucky winners will receive gift cards to Target! Grand prize is a $500 gift card and four runners up will win $100 each.
Now the question is: what exactly does being yourself together mean? Well, it’s different for everyone, but we’d be lying if we didn’t say the more creative, colorful and quirky, the better! We want to see how you celebrate your partnership, through selfies, silly poses and gorgeous landscapes. Here’s a whole smattering of snaps from the Brit + Co team to get you inspired.
Find a hot pink wall and make crazy shadows!
Selfies are always welcome, especially if you’ve got matching ski goggles ;)
Camera shy? Go for an artful shot of your feetsies — bonus points for colorful socks, duh.
You two… ROCK. #lolz
Alright alright, sufficiently inspired? Show us what you’ve got! To enter the contest, scroll back to the top and upload your photos! The contest runs from September 26, 2014 through November 1, 2014.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)