What Curling Iron, Straightener, More Beauty Tools to Use Based on Your Hair Texture
An amazing hair day is pretty much the best thing ever, amiright? Unfortunately, whether your strands are thick, fine, curly, or straight, styling it is a real #struggle on some mornings. That’s why we’re bringing in the expert! Celebrity stylist and Cricket Co. ambassador Jet Rhys says that no matter what your locks’ texture, having the right tools is key to achieving that perfect hair you’re after like, every day. Here’s what she recommends.
1. Sephora Collection Tidy Detangling Comb ($8): It’s seemingly simple and inexpensive, but Rhys says one of these guys will help you gently detangle and distribute your products without disrupting your curls. Seriously, nobody has time for that!
2. Nume Magic Curling Wand 1 1/4-Inch ($79): Curls still acting cray? You need a small barrel iron. After waking up, Rhys recommends using it to help redefine your ringlets to lend a polished feel. Bounce on, friends.
3. Bed Head A Wave We Go Adjustable Deep Waver ($40): Just because your hair is stick straight doesn’t mean you can’t shape it up. Rhys says this type of iron will help give a relaxed wave and texture to your hair without having to resort to a basic style. Read: You don’t have to be basic. Got it.
4. Drybar High-Tops Self Grip Rollers ($10): Rollers are still very much a thing, ladies. Leaving them in your hair overnight will give your locks body and movement without the use of heat.
5. Conair Volumizing Diffuser Attachment ($10): Wave your hair like you just don’t care! Flip your head upside down and lay it in the diffuser to help accentuate your natural wave while giving you volume FTW, according to Rhys.
6. Hot Tools NanoCeramic Curling Wand ($50): Simply wrap your hair around the wand to help redefine your tousled waves. Your locks will look ah.mazing.
7. Cricket Centrix Heat Boss Thermal Brush ($25): Don’t be dismayed by thinner strands. Show your fine hair who’s boss with this ultra heat-resistance round brush. Rhys says to direct every section up and forward, giving your hair fullness, volume, and body.
8. Cricket Ultra Smooth Detangling Brush ($13): Maintain the integrity of your hair by gently detangling it with this funky brush, recommends Rhys. The soft bristles are actually gentle and decrease stress on the strands, which are fragile enough as is.
9. Christophe Robin Boar Bristle Detangling Hairbrush ($97): Calling all our thick-haired ladies! Use this ultra smoothing, boar bristle brush when blow drying. Rhys says it will give your hair a sleeker look and help calm down any frizz for a more chillaxed style.
10. T3 SinglePass Luxe 1-Inch Straightening Styling Iron ($180): When you’re ready to take your look up a notch, use a flat iron to make your thick hair even sleeker. T3’s Single Pass technology is designed so you only need to run this baby through your locks once in order to get next-level style. That is especially beneficial to ladies with serious hair who can suffer damage after repeat application.
Looking for more hairspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.