Spruce Up Your Bedroom With Pantone’s 2015 Color Palette
Okay, okay, so we aren’t just excited about our upcoming book release for Homemakers at Brit HQ (available for pre-order now!), we are also totally obsessed with Pantone’s 2015 spring color palette too… because, ya know, we LOVE color. And while the color of the year has made its way into our fashion, home decor and even wedding color decisions, we are all about embracing those other colors as well. What better place to showcase one (or a few) of them than with a spring bedroom makeover? Tangerine, Strawberry Ice and Glacier Gray are just a few options to go with, but there are a ton more. Check out these 27 bedrooms for some inspiration on how to make your bedroom Pantone-tastic.
1. Headboard Love: Instead of overwhelming the room with pink bedding, opt for a soft pink headboard and go a little more crazy with a bold pink rug. Keeping the rest of the decor light and reflective helps tone down the pink and create a sense of luxury. (via This Is Glamorous)
2. Palest Hues: For a quick weekend update, paint the wall behind the bed the faintest strawberry pink. Light bedding and a herringbone tweed chair help cut the femininity in case you have a guy’s opinion to consider. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
4. Pink and Orange: Two colors that were meant to be together: A rusty orange helps balance out the sweetness of the pastel pink while piles of patterned throw pillows keep the pink under control. (via Four Chairs)
6. Warm and Cozy: When it comes to comfort colors, gray is the king of cozy. Whether you want to paint your walls gray or just stick to lots of pretty bedding, just make sure the gray is a warm tone so your room doesn’t go all icy. (via The Nester)
7. Scandinavian Chic: Gray gives you a clean slate for your very own Nordic-inspired dream bedroom. The soothing hue is warmed up with natural wooden picture frames and accents. (via Avenue Lifestyle)
9. Pull Up a Seat: For a very inexpensive update to the room, forget painting the walls and just paint the furniture. From an accent chair to the bed frame or bedside table, green pieces are a fun accent for any room. (via Houzz)
12. Modern Accent: Sometimes all you need for an update is new throw pillows. This is a great way to add some color to your room without committing to paint, and when you’re ready for another change just switch ’em out for new ones. (via Country Living)
13. Orange and Green: Tangerine Tango’s more reserved sister, this shade of orange adds lots of energy to your bedroom. Double your Pantone love and add in some Woodbine Green for a room bursting with spring freshness. (via Katie Rosenfeld Designs)
17. Modern Nursery: We’re not sure how calming this nursery is for the baby, but it definitely makes us smile. Aqua is the perfect accent color for this bright and cheerful shade of orange. (via Project Nursery)
21. Summer Feels: Who would’ve thought purple could look so grown-up? Pale lavender walls mimic the early morning light, making this charming bedroom a dream to wake up in. (via HG Living Beautifully)
25. Mint All Over: This minty green is such a soft, comforting color that you can get away with painting the walls with it, having green bedding and a green headboard and still have it look ah-mazing. (via Style Estate)
27. Rock and Roll: The deep red Marsala is a stunning shade to use in the bedroom, whether you go with a dramatic headboard or just some throw pillows. Accent with more neutral colors like Toasted Almond and Strawberry Ice to keep the room from feeling too dark. (via Elle Decor)
Which is your favorite Pantone 2015 shade? Talk to us in the comments below!