Sure, there’s a time and place for sipping on straight-up beer, but sometimes you want more than just a plain old bottle of suds. For those occasions, go ahead and transform your favorite brew into one of these 16 refreshing beer cocktails. While you’re at it, whip up a batch of beer bread and one of these beer-spiked main courses to make a whole meal out of a single six-pack. Bottoms up!
1. Lemon Shandy: What better way to start things off than with a classic beer cocktail, the shandy? A DIY lemon concentrate in this version upgrades the usual lemonade to create a full-flavored sip. (via Adventures in Making)
2. Pumpkin Beer Cocktails: Stir up this seasonal cocktail that combines pumpkin beer, vanilla vodka and cinnamon schnapps to create a warming fall sip. (via Jelly Toast Blog)
3. Michelada: Take your bloody Mary game in a new direction with a glass of this spicy Mexican lager and lime beverage. (via Chez Catey Lou)
4. Grapefruit Beer Bellini: Fresh grapefruit puree, grapefruit-flavored beer and Prosecco come together with just a spoonful of sugar to create this terrific brunch cocktail. (via Mantitlement)
5. White IPA and Raspberry Beermosa: A cross between a hoppy IPA and a light and refreshing wheat beer, white IPA works beautifully with muddled raspberries and a float of OJ in this excellent brunch beverage.
6. Beer Sangria: Summer ale is enhanced by Pisco, peach nectar, lemon juice and simple syrup to form this sangria — a fantastic punch bowl contender for sure. (via The Beeroness)
7. Stout Gingerbread Flip: This creamy, gingerbread-esque cocktail makes for a terrific after-dinner drink. (via 10th Kitchen)
8. The Cocky Rooster: Take your standard Michalada add a generous amount of Sriracha, a few dashes of Maggi sauce and a couple jalapeño slices and you get one spicy, savory sip! (via The Kitchn)
9. Cherry Beer Slushies: Kind of like a beer granita, your favorite wheat beer is enhanced by sweet cherry liquor and maraschino cherry juice and popped in the freezer. Simply stir it occasionally to form a refreshing fluffy slush. (via Perpetually Hungry)
10. Raspberry Beer Cocktail: This raspberry lemonade shandy gets an added boost to its proof courtesy of a generous splash of vodka. (via Pretty Plain Janes)
11. Pub Nog: This holiday season, give the spiced rum and bourbon a rest and try egg nog with a splash of beer instead! (via Parade)
12. Bad Idea: This refreshing margarita-meets-beer cooler is perfect for a hot summer evening. (via Supergolden Bakes)
13. Honey Basil Beer Julep: You need this recipe for a twist on the classic Derby Day cocktail! (via Beermixology)
14. Chocolate Stout Affogado: Enjoy this sweet, stout and chocolate liqueur sundae for dessert — it’s a cocktail you eat with a spoon. (via Katie At the Kitchen Door)
15. Raspberry Beergaritas: Fresh raspberries, sugar, tequila, beer and lime juice are whirred together to create these tasty beergaritas. (via Beth Cakes)
16. The Flying Tomato: PBR has never tasted this good! We first mixed up this cocktail during March Madness, but it’s truly a year ’round sipper. (via Brit + Co)
What kind of cocktails have you made with beer or do prefer a straight-up sip from the bottle? Let’s talk all about booze and microbrews in the comments below!