5 Best Apps of the Week: An App That Will Make You Read More Books + More!
Tomorrow is the first day of spring (hooray!), and we’ve finally reached the end of our long winter tunnel. Luckily, all through the coldest days, your trusty smartphone was there to keep you company. To reward it, you should probably download some new apps. We’re back with the best apps of the week! This time we have one of the best encrypted email apps ever, and an app that will make you close Facebook and get around to binging everything leaving Netflix in March. Let’s get to it.
1. Bookling: Do you miss the days when you read more books than you read your Facebook NewsFeed? Bookling is the app that wants to help you get back into the habit of reading. You can set reminders to pick up the book you’re in the middle of, track your progress and even win badges for reading achievements. Hey, whatever it takes to give yourself a break from that screen time.
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
2. ProtonMail: ProtonMail is the world’s largest email encryption service, and it’s now available on both Android and iOS so you can send and read your emails securely wherever you go. Founded by CERN scientists in 2013, this app is the gold standard when it comes to protecting your privacy via online correspondence. You can even customize swiping gestures in the app to make it fully personalized for you.
3. To Round: Here’s the most interesting to-do list format, well, ever. Instead of having a boring numbered sheet, To Round lets you turn your tasks into digital balls and watch them “disappear” down the slot as you accomplish them. Pretty cool way to visualize all the stuff you need done. You can even adjust the ball size and postpone tasks as needed.
4. Splash: You can easily capture 360 videos using just your iPhone with Splash. The app is even VR-enabled, so you and your friends can revisit your Splash videos as though you’re there. You can share, like and view Splashes from people all around the world as well. It’s second only to being there in person!
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Letterboxd: Here’s the social media app for film buffs we’ve all been waiting for. You can mark you fave flicks, review movies and even check out what your friends are watching/reviewing. You can also create a watchlist for movies that you want to see later on, and follow your friends and fave reviewers on the app.
DL It: Free on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)