5 Best Apps of the Week: An App to Help You Talk to Your Cat and More!
It’s been a super busy week with jobs, meetings, deadlines and all that other #girlboss stuff (have you checked out our interview with all of Joy Mangano’s career tips?) We hope you’re ready for best apps of the week time! This week, we’ve got some seriously awesome apps for you, including Swarm’s latest update that is going to change the way you check in to places. Also, there’s an app that helps you talk cat, a download for journaling your way to mental wellness and so much more. Get scrolling!
1. Telekitty: Okay, so it’s not exactly science, but it definitely is adorable. Telekitty is the translator app for your cat. Just snap a photo of your feline and using their “Cat Purrcognition™ software,” Telekitty will return your pic with a caption of your furry friend’s thoughts. You can then decorate the pic and share it with everyone. It’s pretty purr-fect.
2. actvt: This is that app that wants to help you edit videos on the go. Boasting that it’s “the fastest way to edit videos on your iPhone,” actvt allows you to import footage, tap the screen for the best moments, add an “emotion” (filter) and some music and boom! You’re done.
3. Swarm: Foursquare’s own super popular check-in app, which launched two years ago, is getting a major facelift. This time, the tech co is releasing version 4.0 of the app with brand-new features, like a completely redesigned profile, new stats, better privacy settings and more. Check in to places to your heart’s content!
4. (Not)Recipes by Food52: Don’t get it twisted. Food52’s new app is NOT a recipe app. Instead, the app wants to help home cooks, like yourself, cook better with tips and tricks from other home cooks who are — guess what? — not following a recipe to a T. You can share photos, offer encouragement and gain inspiration through the app. Sounds delicious to us!
5. Five Minute Journal: Studies have shown that maintaining a journal can be a mindful way to manage stress. This app wants you to just spend five minutes each day chronicling your thoughts and lays out your entries in a gorgeous timeline. You can also upload photos, answer questions and more. This is definitely not your traditional journal.
DL It: $4.99 on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!