9 Creative Kits That Will Instantly Turn You into a Foodie
If learning a new skill or cooking more often was your to-do list this year, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a whole bunch of kits in the B+C Shop that are guaranteed to get those creative juices flowing and make you super skilled in the kitchen, from rolling your own sushi rolls to crafting your own blend of wheat beer. Scroll on to get those creativity vibes flowing!
1. Made by Global Grub DIY Sushi Rolls Kit ($20): Instead of heading out to your local sushi bar, stretch those culinary muscles and craft your own homemade sushi rolls. This easy-to-follow kit has everything you need to make eight delicious sushi rolls, including sushi rice, rice vinegar, wasabi powder, a rolling mat and, of course, detailed instructions.
2. Grow and Make DIY Mustard Making Kit ($40): Add some extra zest to everything from hamburgers and sausages to sandwiches and charcuterie with your very own jars of homemade artisan mustard.
3. Soberdough Green Chile Cheddar Beer Bread Kit ($8): There’s nothing quite like the warm, delicious smell of freshly baked homemade bread. With our simple kit, all you have to do is add your favorite beer, stir, bake and spread it with butter while it’s still warm from the oven. You’re welcome!
4. Brooklyn Brew Shop Afternoon Wheat Beer Making Kit ($40): Start your homebrewing off right with our easy-to-use Afternoon Wheat Beer Making Kit and craft your own crisp and light-bodied brew packed with a refreshingly floral hoppy aroma.
5. Grow and Make DIY Hot Sauce Kit ($40): It’s time to bring the heat to your kitchen! Spice up your life with this red-hot kit equipped with everything you need to make three unique hot sauces. They’re sure to impress your friends and family at your next shindig.
6. Grow and Make Chai Tea Kit ($29): Why spend money on expensive chai lattes when you can brew your own batch at home? This must-have kit will help you create one gallon of chai that exudes the rich taste of spice, honey and black tea. It also includes an adorable ornamental tea strainer and tin to store your special blend. Score!
7. Urban Cheese Craft Deluxe Cheese Kit (Mozzarella, Ricotta, Goat, Paneer & Queso) ($50): From the cheese-making novice to the most adventurous home cheese maker, this deluxe cheese kit is the “whey” to go! This huge kit includes the ingredients, equipment and recipes to make your own mozzarella, ricotta, goat, paneer and queso. Cue the cheese coma.
9. Grow and Make Chocolate Truffle Making Kit ($23): Make your own batch of organic chocolate truffles with our must-have kit that is as easy to follow as it is easy to eat.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.