Spring is creeping up on us, and we can’t wait for everything to come to life again. The trees will be getting their leaves, gardens will be in bloom… and babies will be born. Really, if there was ever a perfect season for giving birth, it’s spring. Congratulations, almost mama! Here are some perfect names for your March baby.
1. Persephone: Why not name your new little girl after the goddess of spring? She’ll definitely be the only Persephone in her class. (And think about all the cute nicknames you can get from this one!)
2. Flora: ‘Tis the season for bouquets, gardening and all things floral. It feels only right that your little bud would be named Flora.
3. Cindy: Disney’s new Cinderella opens in theaters on March 13, and now that we think of it, Cindy is a name you don’t hear too often. Maybe it’s time to bring it back.
4. Erin: The name Erin is a rough English translation of the Irish word for their beloved country. If you’re of Irish descent, Erin is an obvious choice for your tiny leprechaun.
5. Emerald: If there’s a color for March, it’s green, from all the blooming plants to Irish pride on St. Patrick’s Day. Name your baby after the greenest gem around to honor everything that makes March great.
1. Ravi: Did you know a total solar eclipse is happening on March 20? Seems like the perfect season to name your new son the Sanskrit work for “sun.”
2. Ben: Death Cab for Cutie makes a triumphant return on March 31 with their first new album in four years. If you’re a fan, now would be the time to name your new baby after the enigmatic lead singer.
3. Kurt: Glee finally comes to an end this month, and the cultural phenomenon sparked a new interest in a capella. Why not name your little boy after one of the show’s most inspiring characters?
4. Neo: This name means “new” in Latin. Is there anything newer than a springtime newborn?
5. Theo: It’s a total coincidence that this name rhymes with the previous one. (Twins?) But literary icon Theodor Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss, was also born in March. This shortened version of his name feels fresh and modern.
What will you be naming your March baby? Let us know in the comments!