How to Throw a Fairy Party Like the One Beyoncé Gave Blue Ivy
We absolutely love new party ideas – from themes to food to décor – and although we’re still eagerly and excitedly planning a unicorn party for every possible occasion we can think of, we now have some new party-planning inspiration. Queen Beyoncé’s little princess turned four years old back in January, and just yesterday the mighty B shared pics of the event that seems more like a wondrous dream than real life. With sparkly wings, a rainbow of dresses for the pint-sized guests, and even two fairy-ladies showing up, this was a bday fit for Beyoncé’s growing baby girl.
1. Create a space that looks like something out of the sweetest dream you’ve ever had. Astroturf, forts and throw pillows go a LONG WAY, people.
2. Provide sparkly wings and pretty princess dresses for all of your tiny toddler fairy-wannabe guests. Or, y’know, their grownup equivalents ;)
3. Have entertainment and games ready. Sure, you could bob for apples, but why do that when you could have awesome bows and arrows at the ready for your fierce friends?!
4. Have real life fairies show up to surprise and charm the giddy, giggly guests. Even if said fairies are just your BFFs in costume, you can’t really go wrong.
5. And, of course, you’ll need a super adorable birthday girl. Whether she’s four or 34, you know your guest of honor will be into it ;)
Is Blue Ivy’s fairy-themed birthday party your dream? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!