How to Throw a Fairy Party Like the One Beyoncé Gave Blue Ivy
We absolutely love new party ideas – from themes to food to décor – and although we’re still eagerly and excitedly planning a unicorn party for every possible occasion we can think of, we now have some new party-planning inspiration. Queen Beyoncé’s little princess turned four years old back in January, and just yesterday the mighty B shared pics of the event that seems more like a wondrous dream than real life. With sparkly wings, a rainbow of dresses for the pint-sized guests, and even two fairy-ladies showing up, this was a bday fit for Beyoncé’s growing baby girl.
1. Create a space that looks like something out of the sweetest dream you’ve ever had. Astroturf, forts and throw pillows go a LONG WAY, people.
2. Provide sparkly wings and pretty princess dresses for all of your tiny toddler fairy-wannabe guests. Or, y’know, their grownup equivalents ;)
3. Have entertainment and games ready. Sure, you could bob for apples, but why do that when you could have awesome bows and arrows at the ready for your fierce friends?!
4. Have real life fairies show up to surprise and charm the giddy, giggly guests. Even if said fairies are just your BFFs in costume, you can’t really go wrong.
5. And, of course, you’ll need a super adorable birthday girl. Whether she’s four or 34, you know your guest of honor will be into it ;)
Is Blue Ivy’s fairy-themed birthday party your dream? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)