Slam Bunk! Here Are the 12 Best Double Decker Sleepers Ideas Ever
Sharing a room with your kid brother or sister was like the worst, amiright? But now that we’re older and wiser and realize how much freaking fun old-timey sleepovers with our BFFs or kid sister are, we have a newfound appreciation for double decker sleepers. We’re talking about bunk beds. And since we’re more mature and sophisticated now (at least that’s what we like to tell ourselves), we’ve found 12 dual sleeping inspirations for your next communal snoozing sesh.
1. Design Hostel: Remember when you spent that year backpacking around Europe somewhere between your freshmen and sophomore year of college? Remember all those horrible hostel bunk beds you had to sleep in? Well apparently it *is* possible for hostels and bunk beds to look a little something like this.
2. Three Boys, One Room: Take inventory here. You’ve got three kids. One bedroom for them. And strangely enough a bunch of rope. First instinct? Tie the kids up. More acceptable and longer-lasting alternative? Make these awesome suspended beds for them!
3. Built-In Green Machine: Built-in bunks give the two roomies a little more privacy. And this color palette gives the dual sleeping situation a more grown-up look.
4. Minimalist Color: Not only are we crushing hard on this simple bunk, but with its under bunk sofa? Must. Have.
5. Rustic Refuge: All you lovers of barns with hopes of going off the grid ought to be getting really excited right now.
6. Coastal Cave: When you’re a fashion designer/furniture designer, apparently this is the kind of of cool stuff your kids get to sleep in. Alexandre de Betak snuggles up next to the Mediterranean in a home that he spent 10 years dreaming about. Super inspiring stuff here.
7. Permanent Bunk Bed Fort: Every child’s (and this adult’s) dream.
8. Epic Nautical Room: Holy crap, you guys. There’s a boat in the bedroom!
9. Double White: As much as we love our color, this is sort of satisfying too.
10. Colorful Wooden Bunk Beds: Umm, yeah. We probably need this.
11. Summer House Bunk: From the antler chandelier to the rolling ladders to the “bunk” and “room” pillows announcing exactly what room it is, we love this to bits.
12. British Bunk: Did we just walk into a childhood fairytale? Because we’re pretty sure we just walked into a childhood fairytale.
What home furnishing are you loving? Let us know at @BritandCo!
(Images via Getty)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.