13 Celebrities Who Got Engaged in 2018 — and Their Rings!
Another year, another flock of engaged celebs! While we’re only halfway through 2018, our newsfeeds have certainly been busy with the flurry of soon-to-be “I dos” thus far. So if you’re looking for engagement ring inspo, keep scrolling, as we have them all rounded up for you here. Scroll down to see which celebs put a ring on it (think Ariana, Taraji, and a RL princess!) in 2018.
1. Alexa Ray Joel and Ryan Gleason: Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley’s daughter kicked off the year by getting engaged on January 1. The ring, presented to her by her boyfriend-turned-fiancé Ryan Gleason, features a massive emerald-cut diamond set in a custom filigree band.
2. Idris Elba and Sabrina Dhowre: The Thor: Ragnarok star got down on one knee at a movie theater on February 10 to ask his girlfriend Sabrina Dhowre to marry him. The 45-year-old actor proposed with an elegant round solitaire set in a simple gold band. (Photo via Dia Dipasupil/WireImage)
3. Lea Michele and Zandy Reich: The Glee alum said yes to fiancé, AYR clothing president Zandy Reich, on April 28 and took to Instagram to show off her whopping four-carat, radiant-cut diamond set in a halo with a pavé band by Leor Yerushalmi.
4. Valentin Chmerkovskiy and Jenna Johnson: The adorable Dancing With the Stars couple became engaged in Venice, Italy, on June 15. Chmerkovskiy presented his brunette bride-to-be with a sizable halo-set cushion-cut sparkler by Jacob & Co.
5. Michelle Williams and Chad Johnson: The former Destiny’s Child singer is a soon-to-be-married woman. Williams and her pastor boyfriend Chad Johnson got engaged while on vacation at Pebble Rock Beach in California on March 21. The singer’s five-carat cushion-cut bauble was designed by LA-based jeweler Denis Mahgerefteh.
6. Katie Lee and Ryan Biegel: Food Network star Katie Lee is set to say her “I dos” for the second time. The 36-year-old celebrity chef announced her engagement to TV producer Ryan Biegel on Instagram on March 22. The pair became engaged in Paris with Biegel presenting Lee with a round-cut diamond flanked by two side stones. (Photo via Desiree Navarro/WireImage)
7. Taraji P. Henson and Kelvin Hayden: The Empire star didn’t hesitate to show off her glimmering round-cut diamond accessory at the 2018 Fox Upfronts in New York City. Henson is marrying NFL star Kelvin Hayden after getting engaged on May 14. (Photo via Roy Rochlin/Getty)
8. Karamo Brown and Ian Jordan: The Queer Eye life guru proposed to his longtime boyfriend, director Ian Jordan, on May 9 at a surprise engagement party. Brown shocked his partner of eight years with matching David Yurman bands. (Photo via Tasia Wells/Getty)
9. Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon: In the ultimate ending of an unrequited-love-turned-fairytale, the Bachelor in Paradise stars are finally getting their happily ever after. Haibon proposed on the beach in Mexico in June ahead of the start of season five with a Neil Lane bauble.
10. Darren Criss and Mia Swier: Another Glee star is off the market! Criss posted about his engagement to his girlfriend of seven and a half years, Mia Swier, on January 19 via Instagram. The actor proposed with an oval solitaire set in a rose gold band. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
11. Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank: Get ready, because there’s about to be another royal wedding in our midst. Princes William and Harry’s cousin Princess Eugenie announced her engagement to longtime love Jack Brooksbank on January 22. The royal engagement ring was a pink padparadscha sapphire surrounded by a round-cut diamond that pays homage to her mother’s ring. (Photo via Jonathan Brady/PA Images/Getty)
12. Caitriona Balfe and Tony McGill: The Outlander actress is marrying her boyfriend Tony McGill after getting engaged over the holidays. She debuted her stunning ring, featuring a round diamond accented with two sapphire blue side stones, at the Golden Globes on January 7. (Photo via Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for Moet & Chandon)
13. Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson: After a whirlwind romance (three weeks!) the SNL star popped the question to the “No Tears Left to Cry” songstress with a three-carat pear-shaped diamond created by NYC jeweler Greg Yuna. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for iHeartMedia)
Whose ring is your favorite? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Roy Rochlin/Getty Images)