21 Chic Halloween Decor Ideas to Elevate Your Spooky Home
With summer coming to an end, it’s time to start getting ready for fall. More importantly, it’s time to start getting ready for the most spooktacular time of the year: Halloween! It’s never too soon to start decorating and planning out your costume. Sometimes the seasonal decorations can lean just a bit on the tacky side, which is why we hunted down some chic ways to dress up your decor. Whether you’re looking to throw an elegant Halloween dinner party or just want to create something special to mark your favorite holiday, here are 21 pieces of decor that are so chic it’s scary.
1. DIY Pun-kins: This blogger mustered up the best Halloween puns and slapped ’em on a few pumpkins using tattoo paper. This DIY is an easy lettering project for those of us who don’t have a steady hand. (via Studio DIY)
3. No-Carve Pumpkin People: Finally, a pumpkin that’s as fashion forward as you are. If you’re not into scary decor, this hipster gourd is for you. Add a touch of paint, a cute bow and your favorite reading glasses for a stylish alternative to the standard jack-o’-lantern. (via Pretty Providence)
10. DIY Decoupage Pumpkins: If you’re looking for an easy way to decorate with pumpkins indoors, this is a fun option. For an unexpected feminine pop, we recommend going the boho floral route. (via Brit + Co)
11. Skull Succulent: Creating a succulent skull planter is a perfect way to add a charming dash of life to a macabre bit of decor. Since the eyepieces are clippings, you won’t have to worry about actually keeping the plant alive. (via A Beautiful Mess)
16. Decorating Your Outdoor Space for Fall: Dress up your porch with fun, stylish fall accents. This inspo shows us how to achieve a Pinterest-worthy fall porch with minimal effort. (via How to Decorate)
18. Champagne Pumpkin: You are the hostess with the mostest; each year, you host the most utterly chic Halloween party. If you’re looking for a way to one-up yourself, try making a Champagne ice bucket out of a pumpkin. (via Style Me Pretty)
19. Trick or Treat: Add flair to your entry table by incorporating small decor details like this understated countdown calendar that doubles as a greeting. A little creativity can go a long way. (via A Pumpkin & a Princess)
20. Subliminal Serving Tray: You can use a fancy serving tray and still add a hint of spooky. We recommend painting on some stylized skulls or adding your favorite spooktacular quote. (via Design Love Fest)
Are you ready to start DIYing for Halloween? Follow us on Pinterest for more Halloween decor inspo and DIY projects.