11 Colorful Bird Feeders You Can DIY
Remember bird feeders from elementary school craft time? It’s totally time to bring birdhouses back now that you have a yard/patio/balcony of your own. These DIY feeders are colorful, creative, and eco-friendly, to say nothing of great viewing for your cat. Grab the paint, pick up some seed, and get ready to be the Snow White of your block.
1. DIY Color Block Bird Feeder: Add a splash of color to your patio with these modern feeders. It’s an easy way to upgrade a dollar store find, and best of all you can do it in any palette you like. (via Handmade Charlotte)
2. DIY Palm Springs Birdhouse: Living for that mid-century goodness? Upgrade a store-bought A-frame house into a retro-cool ranch with faux succulents and pink foam. (via Club Crafted)
3. DIY Macrame Hummingbird Feeder: If you’re lucky enough to have hummingbirds around, you owe it to Mother Nature (and yourself) to put out the some nectar. This little macrame feeder gets the job done and looks fab doing it. (via Lovely Indeed)
4. DIY Milk Carton Birdhouse: You may have done this one as a kid, but it’s still a great upcycle. Paint a few to create a rainbow on your porch. (via Little Peanut Mag)
5. Modern Birdhouse: This simple, clean design will add a pop of color to your garden all season long. (via Dream A Little Bigger)
6. Vegetarian “Suet” Cakes for Birds: Making seed cakes is another great way to feed your local birdies. Do some research and find out which mix is best for your local feathered friends and bust out the cute molds. (via The Misfit Baker)
7. DIY Upcycled Orb Bird Feeders: Who would have thought there futuristic pod feeders were actually repurposed light fixture domes? Not us. Grab the details and make a little community for your own yard. (via The Art of Doing Stuff)
8. DIY Tin Can Flower Bird Feeder: This colorful project is a fantastic way to inject some floral life into a yard or patio that needs it. (via Birds & Blooms)
9. DIY Popsicle Stick Bird House: This is another project from the crafting hall of fame, but the classic design is a staple for a reason. This and would look adorable painted in bright colors, too. (via Docrafts)
10. DIY Acorn Bird Feeder: Modern and Scandi chic all in one, this acorn feeder is the style-savvy addition your patio is crying out for. (via Craft Foxes)
11. DIY Teacup Bird Feeder: Get your Alice-in-Wonderland on with this fun feeder. You can use any cup and saucer for this project, so it’s the perfect option for that thrift-store find. (via See Vanessa Craft)
Show us your feathered feeding project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!