13 Alarm Clocks You’ll Actually Want to Wake Up to
After taking alarm clocks for granted for decades, we’ve mostly replaced them with apps. But unlike the feature on your phone, alarm clocks have a certain charm that just can’t be denied. They’re dependable (read: they don’t run out of batteries as easily as your phone) and they look absolutely perfect perched on a night stand. We’re sharing our favorite alarm clocks for every kind of sleeper, from the snoozers who need an extra boost to get out of bed (#guilty) to the serene sleepers who want a gentle wake up call.
1. Tocky ($50): Are you a snooze button abuser? This alarm clock should break that habit. The durable clock hops off your night stand and rolls away, forcing you to get out of bed to turn it off.
2: Flip Alarm Clock ($48): Never forget to turn your alarm on again with this fun device that turns on with a simple flip.
3. Barisieur: Although not available to the public just yet, this is truly the alarm clock of our dreams. What better way to wake up than to the calming sound of boiling water pouring over your favorite coffee?
4. Cube Alarm Clock ($32): In ultimate minimalist style, this alarm clock looks just like a simple wooden block until you clap your hands to make the time appear.
5. White & White Alarm Clock ($227): Although the price is steep, this unusual clock is as much a piece of decor as it is a functional alarm.
6. Teasmade ($149): A tea maker right beside your bed? Sign us up. This alarm clock not only brews you tea, but also has a built-in radio. What more could you ask for?
7. Nixie Ramos Clock ($350): Another splurge, this clock promises to get you out of bed by only deactivating if you walk to a companion key pad and press in the day’s date. Stash the key pad in the bathroom or kitchen to make sure you end up far away from your cozy covers.
8. WiFi Donation Alarm Clock ($40): If you need even more incentive to get out of bed, this alarm should do the trick. The WiFi-connected device is paired with your bank account and will start donating your money to a pre-determined charity for every minute you linger in bed. Set it for a charity that you’re not a fan of, and you’ll be hopping out of bed in no time.
9. Wake-up Light ($139): If you believe in the power of waking up naturally, this alarm clock gently wakes you with gradual light that can be accompanied by various sounds. It’s proven to help you get out of bed.
10. London Alarm Clock ($30): Timeless-looking and inexpensive, this bright clock is sure to put a smile on your face, morning and night.
11. Hourglass Alarm Clock Kit ($35): Go back in time and into the future all at the same time with this unique find. The colorful hourglass sand counts down in one, three and five-minute intervals.
12. Newgate Alarm Clock ($40): If you want an old-fashioned look with a modern twist, this alarm should do the trick.
13. Snooze Dock ($35): If you like the idea of an old-school alarm clock but enjoy the convenience of your phone, this dock provides the best of both worlds.
How do you wake up in the morning? Do you prefer to use an alarm on your phone or do you go old-school with a stand-alone clock?