8 Corner Storage Solutions to Rule Your Small Space
When you’re living in a small space, every square inch counts. Unless you’re willing to live like a nomad, getting crafty with storage solutions is a must. One area of spaces small and big that is often neglected? Corners! Before you write off that 45-degree angled section as dead space, check out these 14 cozy corner storage tricks that any dweller would love.
1. Floating Shelves: These DIY shelves are an easy weekend project. If you’re not into white, try creating an ombré effect. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Seating Over Storage: Create a cozy seating area in the corner of a room. That way, you have the rest of the space reserved for cabinets, dressers, and other storage solutions. (via Emily Henderson)
3. Seating + Storage: But because you should never have to choose between seating and storage, especially in a small space, you can combine the two by mounting dressers in a corner and topping them with cozy blankets and pillows for the cutest, most space-efficient dining corner. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
4. Console Corner: Sharp angles make a corner the place for a beautiful rectangular console, which you can use to store anything from serving ware to electronics. (via Studio McGee)
5. DIY Ladder Shelf: This quick crafty project functions as a decor accent, storage space, and color statement all in one — and it’s pretty. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Command Center: Have tons of papers and one awkward corner to fill? Give hanging items like calendars, grocery lists, and kids’ artwork a home by adding a chalkboard, bulletin board, and shelf to a lonely corner space. (via Neat n Tiny)
7. Artist’s Retreat: If you don’t have enough square footage for a creativity room, make a creativity corner instead. You’d be surprised how much stuff you can tuck into an angled space, and if your corner happens to be by a window, you’ll always feel inspired. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Clothes Corner: You can turn a small room into the walk-in closet of your dreams by utilizing corner space. Maximize each inch of storage with hanging wall units, garment racks, and dressers. (via Neat n Tiny)
Tell us about your storage hacks and home improvement projects on Twitter.
Additional reporting by Sara Cagle
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)