8 Corner Storage Solutions to Rule Your Small Space
When you’re living in a small space, every square inch counts. Unless you’re willing to live like a nomad, getting crafty with storage solutions is a must. One area of spaces small and big that is often neglected? Corners! Before you write off that 45-degree angled section as dead space, check out these 14 cozy corner storage tricks that any dweller would love.
1. Floating Shelves: These DIY shelves are an easy weekend project. If you’re not into white, try creating an ombré effect. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Seating Over Storage: Create a cozy seating area in the corner of a room. That way, you have the rest of the space reserved for cabinets, dressers, and other storage solutions. (via Emily Henderson)
3. Seating + Storage: But because you should never have to choose between seating and storage, especially in a small space, you can combine the two by mounting dressers in a corner and topping them with cozy blankets and pillows for the cutest, most space-efficient dining corner. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
4. Console Corner: Sharp angles make a corner the place for a beautiful rectangular console, which you can use to store anything from serving ware to electronics. (via Studio McGee)
5. DIY Ladder Shelf: This quick crafty project functions as a decor accent, storage space, and color statement all in one — and it’s pretty. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Command Center: Have tons of papers and one awkward corner to fill? Give hanging items like calendars, grocery lists, and kids’ artwork a home by adding a chalkboard, bulletin board, and shelf to a lonely corner space. (via Neat n Tiny)
7. Artist’s Retreat: If you don’t have enough square footage for a creativity room, make a creativity corner instead. You’d be surprised how much stuff you can tuck into an angled space, and if your corner happens to be by a window, you’ll always feel inspired. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Clothes Corner: You can turn a small room into the walk-in closet of your dreams by utilizing corner space. Maximize each inch of storage with hanging wall units, garment racks, and dressers. (via Neat n Tiny)
Tell us about your storage hacks and home improvement projects on Twitter.
Additional reporting by Sara Cagle