30 Congratulatory New Job Gifts to Give Your BFFs
Don’t you just love when something amazing happens to one of your own? We all LOVE our friends and we have every reason to celebrate when they land their dream job. As supporters, we have been with them through the fun times and the not-so-fun times. And since this is definitely one of those better times, why not celebrate? Let your bestie know that you are their biggest cheerleader with a congratulatory new job gift (and a few drinks!). With everything from desk flair to essential techy goods, these 30 gift ideas are perfect for sending your friend off on a new adventure.
1. ban.do Giant Gem Speaker ($40):Music makes the world go ’round, and this portable pink speaker is perfect for someone who LOVES listening to tunes 24/7. It’s also great for an impromptu dance party or in-office happy hour.
2. Kate Spade Business Card Holder ($30): This letter-engraved card holder means business. And with a case this rad, your friend will want to give out their new business card to every person they see.
3. Paper K Studios Personalized Notepad ($14): It’s awesome to have your name printed on anything and everything, isn’t it? Gifting your friend one of these notepads will let them know you were thinking ahead (insert best friend points here). Maybe you can get yourself one too while you’re at it… you know, for being such a good friend. ;)
4. Sonix Tamarindo Portable Power Bank ($30): When function and sparkle come together, we are all for it. This mobile charger makes it easy to stay in touch on the go so there are no dead phone excuses for the new boss.
6. Ash And Ember Co. Canvas Tote ($16): We already know that getting a job requires hustle, but it never hurts to have a reminder. This canvas tote bag is sturdy, encouraging, cute and it fits everything. #Winning.
7. Sweetwater Decor Boss Lady Pen Set ($18): We know that a new job means taking a lot of notes. But with these pretty pens, your friend will be taking notes like a boss.
8. House of Longfellow Triceratops Planter ($25): Things that are out of the ordinary are just SO cool. This little guy would stand out on any desk and might turn into a conversation starter at your friend’s new job.
9. Erin Condren Carry All Clutch ($32): A new gig means carrying lots of awesome new things. This personalized carry-all clutch is roomy and perfect for anyone who wants to stay organized.
10. Happy Tea 3 oz ($10): We all love a little something that can get us through a tough day. Working alongside this happy tea can make a day much better (and tastier).
11. Personalized Stationery ($23): If your pal is constantly sending cards and thank-yous, we think a personalized stationery set would be the perfect gift. Plus it will become one less thing to check off on their to-buy list.
12. Birch Lane Geo Terrarium ($60 for two): A terrarium is easily customizable for someone who loves plants. And this geometric pair is the just the thing to deck out someone’s new desk.
13. Feminist Pencils Beyoncé Personalized Pencil Set ($12): You can’t go wrong with these gilded pencils. They’re great for that friend who loves to doodle or pencil everything in on their calendar.
14. Red Rose Digital Cubicle Poster ($5): Jobs that require cubicles often call for a glamming session. This sweet print can make any regular cubicle feel instantly homey.
15. CB2 Set of Five Cord Tacos ($30): Cord. Tacos. Yup, we all love and need them in our lives. Pick these up to keep your friend from pulling an amateur cord-tangle situation at the new office.
16. Day3Dream Wooden Desk Organizer ($25): Who doesn’t love storing all their must-have gadgets in one spot? This classic station makes it easy to not misplace everything that always gets lost in the desk abyss.
17. Zana Products Pink Specks Soft Pot Fabric Bucket ($18): Keeping items fashionably stored is no longer a problem. These fabric buckets, which also come in different prints, and are multi-functional. Feel free to store (or plant) away.
18. Kate Spade New York Rotating Stamp And Ink Pad ($24): We found a new way to communicate in the office, and these stamps are it. If you need to tell the world you are in need coffee, are having a paradigm shift or are out of the office, then this stamp has you covered.
19. UO Wireless Bluetooth Earbud Headphone ($18): Most of us like listening to some tunes at some point during our day, and doing so with cute earphones is even better.
20. American Greetings Awesome Sauce Congratulations Card ($4): Everyone who gets a new job deserves to be called awesome sauce. A card like this is bound to bring a smile on that special someone’s face.
21. Dry Erase Calendar Message Board ($16): No more wasting paper with those other write-on calendars. If your friend likes to be able to see their monthly agenda without having to open their 50th browser tab — this dry erase calendar is perfect for any office (or cubicle).
22. Gingher Stork Scissors ($20): It happens in every office: eventually someone, somewhere is going to need a pair of scissors. So, why not get your friend the prettiest pair on their floor?
23. Memorable Dimension Multi-Photo Frame ($29): It’s sad, but true. Being at work means being away from the things we love, whether it’s your kids, your pets or hey, even your plants. This pretty gold frame will remind your hard-working friend what all that time in the office is really for.
24. Marble Mini Lidded Trash Can ($8): While your friend’s office probably provides a little trash can, give your friend another opportunity to customize their space. Plus, the swinging lid is good for squeamish people who hate being able to see everyone’s rubbish.
25. Liquid Lava Desk Timer ($10): Your new friend is going to have to stay productive in order to stay ahead. A lava-lamp-looking timer is a useful, if a bit nostalgic, tool for keeping your friend on track. Plus it’s a total ’90s blast from the past.
26. Particle to Play Llama Duster ($15): This is one dust buster that your friend won’t need to hide in a drawer. This adorable, little llama is cute on display and super useful when spring cleaning comes around.
27. Walkas Mini Portable Cool Mist Humidifier ($20): This cool-mist humidifier conveniently plugs into your friend’s USB ports. Not only does it keep the climate pleasant, but your friend can also use a little essential oil in it to make the air smell sweet (as long as it’s okay with their desk mates).
28. Paper Source Polyhedra Rose Gold Magnets ($14): Keeping track of memos is always easier when you can keep important documents front and center. These cute, shiny magnets are perfect for using on a magnetized board or calendar so your friend can stay organized.
29. Paper Source Pushfins Pins ($10): If your friend is more of a cork board person, these whale fin pushpins are a cute touch for displaying photos or keeping track of important notes and memos.
30. S’well Milky Way Water Bottle ($35): One thing a lot of commuters out there always forget about: staying hydrated. With this gorgeously translucent water bottle, your friend won’t want to leave home without some fresh agua ever again.
Do you have any new job gift ideas? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Additional reporting by Andrea Romano.