The ankle boot has become a total must these days in the fashion world. Wear them with skirts, dresses, pants, shorts… seriously. They go with everything! But you know what’s even better than the classic brown leather bootie? A good cutout bootie. Yep, that’s right. You’ll be showing some skin after you scroll through our top 13 picks that definitely made the cut this fall.
1. ASOS Apollo Ankle Boots ($80): We’re kicking things off (pun certainly intended) with a double-whammy pair — cutouts AND buckles!
3. Anthropologie Hazir Buckle Booties ($129): We know that no white after Labor Day is (kind of) a rule, but nobody said anything about nude! These light leather booties will be the perfect contrast to your all-black cold weather wardrobe.
6. ASOS Roulette Ankle Booties ($86): Now THIS is how to do mock-croc without looking like you just stepped off of Crocodile Dundee’s runway.
7. Jeffrey Campbell Stillwell Booties ($99): Remember how I said we kind of like color? Well, we’re adding these to our colorful cart STAT.
9. Anthropologie Odea Cutout Mules ($90): Two-toned, slip-ons, cutouts… What don’t these booties have?!
10. Always Buckle Ankle Boot ($125): Kick your versatile booties up a notch by adding a little peak-through detailing and a buckle. Throw in a pair of patterned socks and your outfit just got that much cuter.
11. ASOS Shellys London Ankle Boots ($92): These pink + patterned stunners need very little explanation — just that we’re obsessed and have to have them.
12. Corso Como Othello Booties ($179): Some tend to go for the nautical look, but that look can be slightly difficult to pull off during the colder months, which is where these bad boys come in. With a striped shirt and white jeans? Hello, nautical fall wardrobe.
13. Jeffrey Campbell Oriley Ankle Boots ($195): These deep-v booties are our answer to the ultimate city shoe. The low heel provides comfort while the taupe leather keeps ’em ultra chic.
What’s your go-to pair of cutout booties? Tweet us a pic @BritandCo!