What to Make This Weekend: Disco Ball Piñata, #Goal Pillows + More!
The big day is finally here! Hopefully Santa made note of all your gift requests and you get to treat yourself to a few days of peace and relaxation over the holiday weekend. Whether you’re entertaining a house full of family or avoiding said family, the holiday weekend is the perfect chance to catch up on some creative projects you’ve been dying to tackle. There are no more gifts to wrap, no more decorations to make and you can finally treat yourself to a project that’s all about you. Get a head start on some New Year’s party projects or those resolutions with these 13 weekend DIY projects that will help stave off any cabin fever.
1. DIY Hula Tassels: This is for everyone who can’t walk past an embroidery floss display without swooning over all the colors. These fancy tassels look like little hula dancers and would be a most welcome addition to any clutch, keychain and anything else that *needs* a tassel. (via Damask Love)
2. DIY Color Blocked Storage: Spruce up plain storage boxes with one of the easiest makeovers ever: spray paint. Seriously though, isn’t organization just so much more fun when the boxes are candy-colored? (via @sugarandcloth)
3. DIY Balloon Letter Pillows: 2015 will go down as the year of #squad goals, so send off the old year in golden, glittery glory with these awesome pillows. Toss them on your couch or give them out to your besties. That hashtag pillow needs to be in your home #ASAP. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY Ginger-Lime Infused Vodka: Crystallized ginger and bright lime slices give this vodka drink a festive look that will have everyone at the party oohing and ahhing. Infused vodka only takes a couple minutes to make and you can tweak the flavor until you get it just right. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Marble Serving Board: These marble tile serving platters would make a great hostess gift, but there’s no judgement if you decide to keep them all for yourself. They’re just so adorable. Fortunately, they are inexpensive and easy to make so you can make one for yourself and still gift one. (via Sugar and Cloth)
6. DIY Anthropologie Pom Pom Garland: Just in case you haven’t gotten all that garland-making out of your system, here is a pretty pom pom DIY that you can leave up way after the tree comes down. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Wooden Dowel Coatrack: Coatracks feel like a piece of furniture dedicated to movie foyers where people randomly toss their hats. This modern version is a fun take on the traditional look. Minimal design and a super cool paint job make this project a welcome addition to any entryway. (via Emily Henderson)
9. DIY New Year’s Eve Headband: It wouldn’t be a party without a photo booth and no photo booth is complete without a solid set of props like these rad headbands. Pick up tiny wood letters and brainstorm up some New Year’s-inspired words to adorn basic headbands. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Disco Ball Piñata: When New Year’s rolls around, this piñata is so ready to party. It doesn’t get much better than a disco ball that explodes candy all over the place when the clock strikes midnight. (via Studio DIY)
11. DIY Reese Witherspoon Mittens: Just because Christmas is over doesn’t mean that bone-chilling cold is leaving anytime soon. Ward off those January blues with these super cute mittens that’ll have you saying, “hi y’all” to all those New Year’s resolutions. (via Brit + Co)
12. Modern Bottle Opener: Paint a pattern on a piece of plexiglass and mount that baby somewhere in the kitchen where everyone can pop their drink open without hunting around for the bottle opener. Make sure you paint the pattern on the back, so that rad design doesn’t scratch off after a few drinks. (via A Beautiful Mess)
13. DIY Spa Gift Box: Even though the holidays bring much cheer (ahem, and stress), everyone could use a bit of recovery time after the last gift has been opened. Give your BFFs the gift of relaxation with this DIY spa box. Or better yet, make one for you and your friends too and make a day of it. (via Brit + Co)
We’d love to hear what projects you’re making this weekend! Tweet us your awesome DIY stories @BritandCo!