How to Dress Your Dog as a Turkey This Halloween
If you follow along on B+C, you’ve seen and admired our canine model, Turkey Temple. He is definitely a turkey by trade but clearly not by species. It seems like an obvious choice, but this was Turkey’s first time dressing up as a turkey for Halloween.
I’ve been making a lot of pet costumes this year, but this one has been high on my list for a long time. With some felt and One-Wrap Velcro, we created this pet costume in no time at all. Does your pet have a goofy name? Try dressing them up as their name, and make sure you snap photos and share them with us using the hashtag #iamcreative.
Materials + Tools:
– red, orange, yellow and white felt
– One-Wrap Velcro
– fabric scissors
– hot glue gun
1. Draw large, long oval feathers on your yellow felt. Stack the yellow felt on top of the orange felt and cut them both out. Next, draw a curved rectangular shape on the white felt and cut it out.
2. Hot glue the white rectangular shapes to the feathers, then glue the feathers to one another to create a fan shape.
3. Glue a horizontal strip of cardboard to the back of the feathers to help them stand upright.
4. Hot glue a piece of felt to each edge of the feathers and attach a strip of One-Wrap Velcro that is long enough to wrap around your dog’s belly.
5. Cut out a gobble from red felt and attach some One-Wrap Velcro.
Draw 12 long feathers on your yellow felt. Stack the yellow felt on top of the orange felt and cut out your feathers. Cut 12 white curved rectangular pieces to accent the feathers.
Glue the white pieces to the feathers and then glue the feathers to one another into a fan shape.
Attach a long strip of cardboard to the back of the feathers to help them stand up straight.
Hot glue a piece of felt to each edge of the feathers and attach a strip of One-Wrap Velcro that is long enough to wrap around your dog’s belly.
Draw a gobble onto a piece of red felt, cut it out and glue it to a small piece of One-Wrap Velcro.
Hey Turkey — here’s your turkey costume!
Attach the gobble to your dog by wrapping the One-Wrap Velcro around the collar.
Cutest turkey I ever did see!