Pumpkin carving. Creative costumes. Candy galore. Seriously, what isn’t there to love about Halloween? It’s one of our favorite holidays, for sure, and if you’re anything like us, you’re just dying to dress up your home with fun and frightful decor pieces like luminaries, wreaths and garlands. Planning a party? Looking for a unique way to welcome trick-or-treaters? DIY these 13 ghoulish garlands to help make All Hallows’ Eve an absolute scream.
1. Bat Garland: Party guests are sure to go batty over this foam and card-stock garland, plus spooktacular matching cupcake toppers. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
2. Burlap Garland: Add rustic flair to your party with a burlap banner strung alongside one totally delightful dessert display. (via Brit + Co)
3. Crocheted Sugar Skull Garland: Not digging the idea of traditional pumpkins, ghosts and ghoulies? Channel a Dia de los Muertos vibe with this string of crocheted sugar skulls and flowers. (via Red Heart)
4. Pom-Pom Sugar Skull Garland: Can’t crochet? Keep things simple with paper sugar skulls and tissue pom poms. (via Paper Source)
5. Foam Pumpkin Garland: Give foam mini pumpkins a makeover by painting and embellishing if desired, then stringing them together with ribbon. (via The 36th Avenue)
6. Glow-in-the-Dark Garland: Paper garlands will surely shine with the unexpected addition of glow-in-the-dark paint. (via Design Mom)
7. Yarn Pumpkin Garland: Got five minutes? That’s all the time you need to design a yarn pumpkin and start creating one of the cutest garlands we ever did see. (via Honest to Nod)
8. Pac-Man Garland: Not even a gaggle of ghastly ghosts can stop Pac-Man from eating tons of goodies this Halloween. (via Minieco)
9. Candy-Inspired Garland: Candy balls aren’t just for trick-or-treaters when you use foam spheres to create a garland that, in a different color scheme, would also make an awesome addition to your Festivus pole. (via Hank + Hunt)
10. Spider Garland: Real spiders may freak us out, but this string of creepy crawlers is just right for adding an extra pop of color to any Halloween party. (via Country Living)
11. Printable Garland: We foresee happy haunts in your future when you display this glittery printable garland all throughout October. (via The Neighborhood)
12. Cardstock Pumpkin Garland: Young crafters will love helping you cut, glue and draw lines while creating this easy five-step garland. (via Spoonful)
13. Jack Skellington Garland: Head on down to Halloween Town and bring your wildest nightmares to life with a garland showcasing none other than Jack Skellington himself! (via Disney Family)
How will you decorate with garlands this Halloween? Let us know below!