13 DIY Hanging Planters to Give Your Indoor Garden a Lift
Summer is in full swing, meaning your house is likely all cleaned out and ready for a serious upgrade. You’ve found the most-gorgeous paint color for your walls and a bold duvet cover for your bed, but now it’s time to get down to the details. There are lots of fun ways to add a pop of color here and there, but nothing compares to bringing a little outdoors inside. Indoor gardens freshen up your space and let you exercise your green thumb, so embrace your creativity and get to making these 13 fun DIY hanging planters that are all about bringing a little mother nature into your home.
1. DIY Beaded Plant Hangers: Since plants bring life into your home, why not give their pots something lively to hang out in? Throw together this gorgeous DIY with just a few materials and a little creativity. (via Honest to Nod)
3. DIY Faux Ceramic Hanging Planters: These pretty neutrals will go perfectly in your kitchen or bedroom. Pro tip: If you don’t love the hanging look, these guys can sit on the counter or tabletop too! (via Burkatron)
6. DIY Hanging Leather Planters: If you’re all about color and ready to add a little more to your home, then you’ll definitely want to try out this DIY. Choose your favorite colors and get painting to make these planters that your friends will definitely covet. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Neon Straw Hanging Planters: Calling all neon-obsessed makers! These bright and colorful planters bring a modern look to the retro macrame style. Plus, everything you need to make them is probably lying around your house already. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Beads and Birds Hanging Planters: Guess how easy it is to make these adorable planters? All you have to do is pick up a couple animal-shaped pots and start crafting with some wooden beads and leather, and you’ll have the perfect hanging vessel. (via This Little Street)
10. DIY Floating Shelf: Want to show off all your fave plants in one place? Make this gorgeous wooden shelf that will keep your plant collection close to the sun — and off your counter. (via Place of My Taste)
11. DIY Marbled Hanging Planter: Marbled everything is so on trend right now. In just a few easy steps, you’ll have these colorful planters that will be the focal point of the room. And don’t worry — the hardest part about this DIY is picking out which colors you want to use! (via Oh Joy)
12. DIY Vertical Plant Hanger: Need a piece to fill a boring corner in your home? Then this one is perfect for you. This DIY shows off all your fave plants and adds a fun display piece to your home. (via I Heart Naptime)
13. DIY Macrame Hanging Planters: Macrame? More like macra-YAY. DIYing these hangers is as fun as they are pretty. Pro tip: If you get sick of the color, try dipping the ends of the planter in dye for a cool ombre effect. (via Brit + Co)
Finding these planter projects uplifting? Follow us on Pinterest for more DIY home decor ideas.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.