Throw the Ultimate Rainbow Party With These 8 Colorful DIYs
By now you probably know that here at B+C we are obsessed with color. So obviously, a whole party dedicated to rainbows is right up our alley :) Whether you’re celebrating Pride Month, a 30th birthday or just want to party, we’ve got eight rainbow party DIYs to fuel your rainbow obsession. Follow along to see how to update the classic party balloon arch and prepare a rainbow cake, pizza, rainbow fruit-infused water and shimmery cocktails.
— box cake mix
— rainbow food coloring
— 3 eggs
— 1 cup water
— 1/2 cup oil
— mason jars
1. Follow the instructions on the box mix to create the cake batter. Separate into five bowls and mix in the food coloring.
2. Fill the mason jar halfway with rainbow layers.
3. Place the mason jars in a pan that has about one inch of water and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Top with Cool Whip and sprinkles.
Mix, mix, mix, mix, mix.
Separate the cake batter into five bowls and mix in food coloring to make batter of the rainbow.
Fill the mason jars up halfway with rainbow layers of batter. Then place into a baking pan with about one inch of water. Stick these babies in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Keep an eye on these rainbow works of art because they will burn. Once they burn, the colors turn a bit mucky and create a sad rainbow. Since the first try was the definition of a Pinterest fail, we ended up making this recipe twice to get it right.
— pizza dough
— red onion
— cherry tomatoes
— yellow and orange pepper
— tomato sauce
— mozzarella cheese
1. Stretch out the pizza dough into an arched shape. Add two ovals at the ends for clouds. Cover with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
2. Dice the cherry tomatoes, peppers, asparagus and red onion, and then place on your arch in rainbow order.
3. Remove the corn from the cob and sprinkle onto the oval clouds and cover with cheese.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Stretch out your pizza dough into a magical rainbow and cover with a thin layer of pizza sauce. We picked up pre-made pizza dough at Trader Joe’s, but *pro tip* most pizza shops will sell you their pre-made pizza dough for around the price of a slice. Or, make your dough from scratch with this 2-ingredient hack.
Dice up your veggies and place them on your pizza in rainbow order. Sprinkle the corn on the ovals to complete the clouds.
Top with mozzarella cheese and place it in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Rainbow Balloon Arch
Materials + Tools:
— rainbow balloons
— 3-foot dowel
— fake palm fawns
— jewelry or floral wire
1. Cut off palm fawns and use wire to attach to dowels.
2. Blow up balloons and tie onto the dowel in rainbow order.
Cut off some fawns and attach them onto a wooden dowel using wire. Make sure to secure the ends of the wire so they won’t pop your balloons. Blow up your balloons and tie onto the dowel or fawn leaves.
Tie in rainbow order to create this update on the balloon arch.
Materials + Tools:
— tape or double-sided sticky tape
1. Print and cut out printable, then fold on the dotted lines.
2. Tape the water droplets onto the clouds, and then tape the clouds on the edges of the rainbow so when folded they will create a whole cloud.
Cut out all pieces of your printable and then tape together. Match the water droplets up with the edge of the cloud and then tape the cloud to each end of the rainbow.
Add a message to give your guests all the party deets.
Rainbow Fruit-Infused Water
Drink the rainbow by cutting up strawberries, oranges, lemons, limes and tossing into water with mint and blueberries. Rainbow fruit-infused water FTW!
Let’s face it — it’s not a party without some cocktails! Mix some sparkling soda with Viniq‘s amazing line of shimmery liquors to create bold, colorful cocktails. It’s literally amazing how much this liquor shimmers — your guests will be in a daze.
Melt some chocolate and dip in your favorite fruits to make bite-sized desserts for your guests. Cover in rainbow sprinkles to keep up the rainbow theme ;)
Cloud Serving Trays
Hot glue a plastic bowl to a plate to create a simple cake stand, then add in pillow stuffing to take it to a daydream-worthy level.
Rainbow Pom-Pom Garland
We strung extra felt pom-poms onto embroidery floss to create a rainbow garland to add to our party. If you’re ambitious, try creating this garland with handmade pom-poms and rainbow yarn.
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden and Yising Chou
Photography: Kurt Andre