10 5-Ingredient Valentine’s Day Desserts Even a Novice Baker Can Handle
Whether you’re hosting a Galentine’s Day party for your closest BFFs or have a hot date planned this Valentine’s Day, everyone loves a good romantic dessert at the end of the night. But that doesn’t mean you need to scour Pinterest for hours trying to choose between a no-bake dessert that doesn’t quite sound impressive enough and the most intricate recipe you can find, only to wind up spending all afternoon in the kitchen making a mediocre sweet treat that’s a total #FAIL. Instead, here are 10 tasty, tried-and-true five-ingredient desserts that even a novice baker can conquer.
1. Layered Mango Cheesecake Parfaits: Combine simple ingredients like pureed mango, graham cracker crumbs and cream cheese to create an elegant dessert that tastes as good as it looks. Serve in clear glasses so you can see every delicious layer. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
2. Raspberry Marble Fudge: Decadent squares of raspberry fudge can be yours in under 40 minutes, and that’s including the chill time. If you can melt and layer chocolate (it’s easy with the microwave!), then you can totally rock this recipe. (via Sugar and Charm)
3. Matzo Chocolate Bars: You’d never guess that the base of these bars is made out of sheets of matzo crackers (substitute saltines or graham crackers if you can’t find or don’t like matzo). And the best part of this dessert, besides how tasty it is, is that you only have to dirty one pan. That means you’ll have more time to chow down and less time spent doing the dishes. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Rum-Soaked Grilled Pineapple: Soak thick slices of pineapple in a rum, brown sugar and cinnamon marinade for up to four hours. Slap the pineapple on the grill and reduce the marinade in a saucepan until it forms a thick, sticky glaze. Finish the pineapple rings with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle the rum glaze right on top. (via Gimme Some Oven)
5. Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake: Perfect for your gluten-free Valentine, this dark chocolate cake is the easiest dessert you’ll ever make. Full of blueberry puree for a sweet flavor and dusted with shredded coconut (optional, but definitely recommended), this cake will quickly become your new go-to recipe for special occasions. (via Feasting on Fruit)
6. Cranberry and Brie Cinnamon Sugar Puff Pasty Swirls: While these are great for dessert, they also make the best breakfast for the morning after. All you’ll need are Puff pastry sheets, creamy brie and dried cranberries come together to make this treat. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Frozen Peanut Butter Pie: Indulge in the ultimate dessert flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate while using five ingredients and five minutes of your time. Prepare this pie the day before so it has a solid eight hours to freeze. (via Butter With a Side of Bread)
9. Macaroons: Some desserts are classics for a reason, and coconut macaroons are a prime example. Combine shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and two egg whites to make this mouthwatering treat. Take it a step further and dip the bottoms of the macaroons in melted semi-sweet chocolate. (via Blue Apron)
10. Whiskey Dark Chocolate Truffles: The name alone makes these drool-worthy. This truffle mixture comes together in the microwave and needs to chill for three hours before you scoop it into balls. Use a cookie scooper to speed up the process. You can leave the truffles as-is or roll in cocoa powder, chopped nuts or sprinkles. (via Gimme Some Oven)
Which one of these easy five-ingredient desserts are you going to whip up for your Valentine? Snap a pic of your creation and tag us on Instagram so we can check it out.