15 Elegant Lavender + Lemon Recipes for Spring
Essential oils have all but taken over the scene lately. So, when you think of lavender you probably think about using it in your diffuser at night to help for a peaceful slumber. But what about in a dessert? Not only is the scent wonderful for relaxation, but the flavor is fantastic when paired with lemon. In the world of edible flowers, it’s *basically* the bee’s knees. To add 15 elegant lavender and lemon recipes to your spring repertoire, take a look at the tasty collection below.
1. Lavender Lemon Shortbread: Next time you throw a tea party, these shortbread cookies need to be on the menu. Dip into your favorite English breakfast and let your inner Anglophile shine. (via Pastry Affair)
2. Lemon Lavender Gin Fizz: Cocktails are a great place to experience all that lavender and lemon have to offer. Start off with gin to mimic the citrus and floral notes, and you’ll be well on your way to being a mixologist in no time. (via The Charming Detroiter)
6. Lavender Lemon Angel Food Cake: It makes sense that you would flavor something as light and airy as angel food cake with flavors equally as delicate. Use both lemon and lavender in the batter *and* the frosting for a fluid taste throughout. (via The Endless Meal)
7. Lavender Lemon Bars: If you dig a strong tart lemon flavor, these concentrated bars are right up your alley. Dried lavender adds a hint of floral essence without overpowering the sour star of the dish. (via Sugar Hero)
9. Lemon Lavender Cupcakes With Blackberry Buttercream Frosting: These pretty cupcakes would be excellent for an outdoor baby shower. Garnish with a sugared mint leaf to take the cuteness to another level. (via Lark and Linen)
10. Lemon Lavender Donuts With White Chocolate Ganache: Be sure to coat the tops with an extra thick layer of lavender white chocolate ganache. (via Broma Bakery)
11. Lemon Lavender Hamantaschen: You’ll find dried lavender rolled right into the dough of these bright hamantaschen. The middles are filled with homemade lemon curd, but you could totally sub for store bought if you’re short on time. (via What Jew Wanna Eat)
12. Lemon Lavender Mascarpone Cheesecake: Cheesecake is typically a decidedly heavy dessert. This lemon and lavender recipe has a mascarpone base which keeps the cake OH-SO-fluffy and light on the palate. (via Lito Supply Co)
13. Lemon Lavender Morning Buns: Imagine waking up to these puppies every morning. Make a batch to bring to work with a carafe of cold brew and you might just be employee of the year. (via Tutti Dolci)
14. Lemon and Lavender Meringue Cookies: You wouldn’t be able to tell from just looking at these meringues that they’re flavored with lemon and lavender. But take one bite, and there’ll be no mistaking them for their classic counterparts. (via Recipe Runner)
15. Meyer Lemon Lavender Mojitos: If you’re able to get Meyer lemons while they’re in season, you must stock up. They’re slightly sweeter than your average lemon, so if you can’t get them you could add a touch more sugar to this refreshing mojito. (via Boulder Locavore)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.