12 Fab Fish Skewers to Serve at Your Patio Dinner
The dog days of summer are just around the corner, and we’re all thinking about one thing: dinner on the patio. There’s no better way to welcome those greatly anticipated days of sunshine than with friends, fruity cocktails, and grilled everything. To switch things up a bit while keeping backyard entertaining easy, we’ve got our eyes set on grilled fish skewers. As healthy as they are toothsome, these 12 recipes go along *swimmingly* with the summer season.
1. Mojo Fish Kebabs: If you want to ease yourself into the world of fish, the ever-so-mild barramundi is just the ticket. This recipe pairs the fish with sweet pineapple chunks and crunchy peppers, and it’s flippin’ delish. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
2. Salmon Kebabs: Seared to flaky perfection, these salmon kebabs are slathered in a lip-smacking sauce made with hoisin, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice wine. The umami vibes are STRONG in this one. (via 1-2 Simple Cooking)
3. Ahi Tuna and Cremini Mushroom Skewers: These tasty skewers are a pescatarian‘s dream! Marinated in a ginger-y mix, tender ahi and meaty mushrooms are speared together for a dinner that’s light and healthy, yet substantial. (via The View from Great Island)
4. 30-Minute Sweet Thai Chili Salmon Skewers: These suckers are so addictive, you’ll be mowing down on salmon and getting your fill of Omega-3 weekly. No one can refuse tender salmon cubes bathed in a tantalizingly sweet chili sauce, amirite? (via How Sweet It Is)
5. Moroccan Fish Skewers: With a cook time of 15 minutes, these barramundi skewers are simply divine. They’re rubbed with warming Moroccan spices and served with a minty yogurt sauce to cool your palate. Genius. (via Jelly Toast)
6. Mahi Mahi Kebabs: In the heat of the summer, light dinners are where it’s at. Serving up rich mahi mahi, tangy red onion, and zucchini, these wholesome kebabs will give you the dose of feel-good you need. (via Go Eat and Repeat)
7. Grilled Salmon Skewers: These bright and lemony salmon skewers are what summertime dinners are all about. They’re simple and scrumptious, and they’re served with a basil vinaigrette that will seriously blow you away. (via What’s Gaby Cooking?)
8. Halibut Kebabs With Pancetta and Grilled Bread: This unique spin on the usual kebab has us *hella* excited. Seasoned halibut, crispy pancetta, and crusty bread are grilled up for a summer-y supper you’ll pine for on the reg. (via Cherry on My Sundae)
9. Grilled Mojo Salmon Kebabs: Wild-caught salmon, Yukon gold potatoes, and limes achieve BFF status in this mouth-watering summer recipe. Brushed with a fragrant mojo sauce, these bad boys are excellent on their own or served over a bed of fluffy rice. (via Wicked Spatula)
10. Smokey Fish Kebab: If you’re big on smokey flavors, you’ll want these gems on your plate STAT. Basa fish soaks up a sweet and savory marinade before being tossed onto the grill with onions and juicy peppers. (via Flavor Quotient)
11. Mustard and Fennel Swordfish Skewers With Pea Hummus: Venture outside your comfort zone and get acquainted with swordfish — you won’t be sorry! Mustard and fennel bring elegant flavors to this casual dish, and the pea hummus is a breath of fresh air. (via Art de Fete)
12. Macadamia Pesto With Grilled Mahi Mahi Kebabs: With a fab macadamia pesto, this recipe just *screams* treat yo’self. This fast and easy patio dinner brings mahi mahi and pineapple together for a mouthful of summertime bliss. (via Food Faith Fitness)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summer-inspired dinner recipes!