Sometimes autumn evenings are best spent indoors with you, your boo… and a warm dish of fondue. There’s just something irresistible about a cheesy pumpkin dip or a spicy chocolatey drizzle over some fruit and bread that’s got perfect-for-colder-seasons written all over it. Tuck in those napkins and pull out your skewers, folks. Here are 19 fondue recipes that you and your S.O. might just go crazy for.
1. Acorn Squash Cheese Spread: Nothing says comfort food like creamy, cheesy goodness, complete with spinach and artichokes. Spread some over a slice of baguette and try your best not to drool in front of your date. (via Ruffles and Truffles)
2. Baked Brie With Maple Syrup and Thyme: Dip into this lava of buttery brie that nails the perfect blend of sweet and savory. If your date isn’t in love with you yet, they will be. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
4. Slow Cooker Butterscotch Fondue: Satisfy your sweet tooth (and sweetheart) with this rich butterscotch sauce. It’s yummy with fruit during the cooler months, and you can bring it back around for ice cream during the warmer months. (via Bake the Neat)
10. Marshmallow Chocolate Sauce: If you weren’t already sold with the chocolate chip dippers, listen to this: Dark chocolate and vanilla marshmallows come together to create this divinely inspired dessert. YUP. (via Supergolden Bakes)
11. Warm Goat Cheese Dip: Looking for something a little healthier? Dip cherry tomatoes and zucchinis into this lemon, basil and goat cheese infusion for a deliciously fresh treat. (via Cook the Story)
13. Aussie Raclette Fondue: Did you know? Heidi Farm’s raclette was awarded Grand Champion Cheese at the Australian Grand Dairy Awards. This tasty award-winning Australian cheese has a mild nutty flavor that turns stronger and slightly salty when heated. (via Belly Rumbles)
14. Cheese Fondue With Mini Dinner Rolls: Mix Gruyere and Swiss to create this spiced-out, savory cheese dip. For the finishing touch, bake up some mini dinner rolls to dip into the fondue. Your date will thank you. (via Cleobuttera)
15. Roasted Garlic Cheese Fondue: This garlicky dip might be for couples who are more comfortable with one another. Inspired by a trip to Geneva, this delicious cheese concoction is paired with sweet roasted garlic and fresh thyme. (via Girl in the Little Red Kitchen)
16. Salted Caramel Fondue: Aside from these adorably miniature waffles, you’ll also be stoked for the caramel dip. And nothing screams fall like some crisp apples dipped in caramel sauce. (via A Beautiful Mess)
19. Spinach and Artichoke Fondue: Make for a sophisticated night with this fancy fondue for two. Not only is it full of cheesy goodness, but it also features a cup of white wine. Chardon-hayyy. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Which of these delicious fondue recipes will you try first? Let us know how you and your date enjoyed it in the comments below.