21 Foodie-Approved Baby Names Good Enough to Eat
Ever since a French court went and banned Nutella as a baby name for we guess an appropriate reason, we’ve been on a food baby name binge (okay, so maybe we’re always all about baby names…). To deter fellow food lovers from giving their newborns a delicious name that could get taken off the menu, we rounded up our fave foodcentric words that have extended themselves to the naming department. Bon appétit!
1. Apple: It’s been a while since the GOOP creator shocked the world with this one, likely the most popular of the baby name food group. While we’re kind of into it now, we don’t suggest going with Granny Smith or Honeycrisp for your newborn.
2. Anjou: This European pear would make a sweet, yet exotic name for your little gal.
3. Brandy: If you give your daughter this spiked bev name, you should probably be expecting a living room performance of “The Boy is Mine” by the age of 10 (errrr, hopefully 15…?).
4. Hazel: This nutty name has become pretty popular over the years as Julia Roberts and cute ‘rents John Krasinski and Emily Blunt gave it to their girls. Last year it probably boomed thanks to the title character in The Fault in Our Stars.
5. Brie: Although the cheese may stink, give this one to your new girl and she’ll be cute for reasons other than her looks.
6. Nori: North’s nickname is a type of seaweed. Leave it to Kim K to have her daughter making multiple lists (cartography + culinary) without her little diva even lifting a finger.
7. Clementine: With a name like this, fingers crossed your baby girl will be just as sweet as her namesake.
8. Olive: Not only did Drew Barrymore give her little cutie this moniker, but so did funnyman Sacha Baron Cohen and his wife Isla Fisher.
9. Ginger: Spice up your daughter’s life with this one. Zig-a-zig-ah!
10. Reese: This one is totally unisex, and just like the chocolate and peanut butter indulgence, it works for everyone.
11. Maple: Not to get sappy, but we think this one is actually super sweet ;)
12. Poppy: We instantly love any baked good covered in these seeds, so naturally we’re gonna be into this precious one.
13. Barack: Yes, Mr. President’s name is a Hungarian brandy made from apricots. The more you know.
14. Alfredo: Our fave noodle also makes a great name for a boy.
15. Benedict: Fan of brunch? This one’s for your little guy.
16. Berry: It would be kind of odd to go with strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, etc. But Berry solo just sounds so smooth.
17. Caesar: The not-so-healthy, but oh-so-good salad makes for a powerful name.
18. Colby: We’ve got a middle name suggestion for this cheesy one: Jack ;)
19. Dom: A name totally worth popping bottles over.
20. Graham: The delicious cracker lends itself to being a handsome-sounding boy’s name.
21. Napoleon: Watch out for this namesakes’ complex…
Do any of these names sound delicious enough for your baby? Let us know in the comments.