9 Beauty Products That Are Good Enough to Eat
The scientists and dermatologists working on flawless skin products have abandoned their laboratories and are now raiding the grocery store to bring you next-level skincare treatments for your face and body. The ingredients you crave come brunch time are now erasing fine lines, brightening your skin and helping your eyebrows grow in thicker. Though you may think this is a ringing endorsement for DIY concoctions, think again. Homemade skincare hacks are definitely fun, but they have drawbacks — all the more reason to celebrate these products being one click away. Scroll down to check out nine skincare products whose ingredients list is as tasty as it is effective.
least favorite food as a kid, broccoli still loves ya. The vitamin C stimulates collagen production and contains natural anti-aging agents, while vitamin A prevents UV damage and vitamin E gives you that natural glow you crave.
2. Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream ($65): Goat milk ain’t just for feta cheese. It’s also a great natural anti-inflammatory with anti-bacterial elements, AND an amazing moisturizer, since it is easily absorbed into the skin.
3. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Strawberry Blush ($35): Forget mineral powders; this blush uses pigments from strawberries to get its buildable pink shade. Strawberry is another fruit that’s rich in antioxidants, and it also contains salicylic acid, a highly effective acne fighter.
4. Tony Moly I’m Real Nutrition Avocado Face Mask Sheet ($4): Buying avocados is a major headache, but the “ripe now, spoiled two seconds later” fruit is a skincare powerhouse. It kicks fine lines and wrinkles in the butt with antioxidants, and vitamins A and E plus oleic acid make it an amazing moisturizer. Plus, the retinol, amino acids and glutamine help slough away dead skin to reveal the beautiful bright skin you’ve got underneath. Maybe resist the urge to rub guac all over your face though…
5. Pearl Bath Bombs Oatmeal and Honey Ring Bath Bomb ($15): Even though they sound more like breakfast than a beauty product, oatmeal and honey are the perfect ingredients for a bath bomb. The oatmeal is a mild cleanser that also contains anti-agers, and the honey is a natural humectant that moisturizes the skin while also clearing pores and preventing acne.
6. Province Apothecary Full Brow Serum ($36): Everyone wants full brows, and apparently coffee is one of the ingredients that can get you there. Not only does java give you a boost of energy on Monday mornings, but it also stimulates the roots of your eyebrow hairs and promotes stronger hair growth.
7. Kiehl’s Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub ($28): If you’ve ever dropped a wad of cash on an exfoliator, it probably had papain in it. The exfoliating enzyme, found in papaya, speeds up the shedding of your skin to reveal an even tone. Papain enzyme also prevents hair growth. Bye bye, upper lip fuzz!
great for your skin. White tea extract protects your mug from sun damage and neutralizes free radicals, which can cause signs of aging.
9. Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Pack ($14): The collagen in this brekkie staple helps fill in fine lines and wrinkles, while the protein helps improve and maintain the skin’s elasticity. Bonus points for the albumin that does wonders to shrink pores.