National Ice Cream Day is this weekend, so we’re celebrating by rolling out the ice cream early. We are crazy about how refreshing ice cream pairs with a crunchy, delicious shell for a knockout summer dessert combo. Whether you’re planning a special treat or simply looking to step up your dessert game, we fully support nibbling on these irresistible treats for pretty much any meal of the day. From Fruity Pebble toppings to churro ice cream sandwiches, the options are endless. All you need to worry about is deciding which recipe to try first.
1. Churro Fried Ice Cream: With a crust made out of snickerdoodle cookie and corn flake crumbs, this recipe makes a good go-to pick for fried ice cream. It takes some back and forth with shifting the ice cream in and out of the freezer, but the result is more than worth the effort. (via Boulder Locavore)
3. Fruity Pebbles Fried Ice Cream: It doesn’t get any more epic than sweet, crunchy Fruity Pebbles coating creamy vanilla ice cream. It’s the ultimate over-the-top treat that’s perfect for experimenting. (via Sweet Charli)
6. Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream Cake: So it’s not exactly fried, but you’ll still get that oh-so-satisfying crunch to pair with your flavor of choice. Peanut butter crunch offers up a slightly savory option for this ice cream cake. (via The Gunny Sack)
8. Deep Fried Peaches and Ice Cream: Does it get any more Southern than deep-fried peaches and cream? Fresh peaches, raspberry toppings and vanilla bean ice cream round out this timeless dessert. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
9. Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches: Choose your favorite flavor for the center of this must-have treat. Here, a blueberry ice cream mixes beautifully between two mouth-watering cinnamon-swirl churros. (via Sugar & Charm)
10. Brown Butter-Fried Bananas Foster: Brown butter adds another layer of flavor to this classic dessert. Instead of rum or cinnamon, sliced almonds add a nutty detail for the finishing touch. (via Coupon Clipping Cook)
11. Traditional Fried Ice Cream: If you’re short on time, you can still enjoy this timeless concoction. This one requires only 10 minutes of prep, complete with a caramel and chocolate drizzle on top. (via Cooking Classy)
12. Mock Fried Ice Cream With Honey: This simple recipe requires only three ingredients: ice cream, corn flakes and honey. Instead of a scoop covered in crumbled corn flakes, this version spreads it out in a pan, so you get a creamy, crunchy bite every time. (via Culinary Hill)
13. Churro Horchata Ice Cream Sandwiches: Two perfectly fried churros surround rich, flavorful horchata ice cream. Wondering how to get that beautiful swirled look for churros? Use a piping tool or cut the corner off of a plastic bag and squeeze out the dough into a swirled disk. (via Sugar Hero)
14. Fried Ice Cream With Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls: This recipe redefines your average Mexican-restaurant fried ice cream. The cinnamon-sugar tortilla bowls are a cinch to make using a muffin tin, and they look super fancy. (via Taste and Tell)
15. Cinnamon Crunch Fried Ice Cream: Forgo the usual cornflake for one of your favorite cereals, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Stick with a creamy vanilla for a complementary pairing. (via Hoosier Homemade)
What’s your favorite fried ice cream recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!