Ginger beer is ready to shed its rep as being merely an ingredient for ginger cocktails served in pretty copper mugs. Just like knobs of the fresh stuff, it can be used to whip up some tasty baked goods and braised dinners. Of course, we’re even sharing a way for you to tackle a little DIY fermentation project, so you can enjoy sipping on your very own home brew in just a few days. Check out these 12 ginger beer recipes with a spicy side… you’ll be glad you did!
2. Homemade Ginger Beer: Attention all you fearless fermenters: Have fun making your very own ginger beer complete with naturally occurring fizz. You’re only about three days away from sipping on some tasty home brew. (via Lynsey Loves Food)
4. Moscow Mule Jello Shots: Transform a classic ginger beer cocktail into Jello shots for your next party. They’re especially handy for the host since they allow you to mingle with guests instead of standing around mixing drink after drink. (via Domesticate Me)
6. Braised Pork Shoulder With Apple Cider and Ginger Beer: What’s not to love about a succulent braise packed with warm, fall flavors and a ton of garlic? (via Bon Appétit)
7. El Diablo: This bubbly tequila and lime cocktail topped with ginger beer is sneakily strong. A spoonful of cassis adds an extra layer of flavor and provides its signature rouge hue that’s hard to resist. (via A Sage Amalgam)
11. Blueberry Lemon Ginger Fizz: Have fun changing up the berry or booze selection, tailoring the amount of mint to your tastes or generally just playing around with this refreshing recipe for a porch-ready sip. (via Brit + Co)
Have you ever mixed up a cocktail or cooked with ginger beer? Share your go-to recipe with us in the comments!