10 Ways to Make Your World More Green
Here at Brit + Co., we love to find ways to be more eco-friendly with fun projects like repurposing wrapping paper and… well… really just repurposing everything! With Earth Day just around the corner, we could all use a refresher on the little things we can do to reduce our impact on the planet. Here are a few easy and stylish ways to make your footprint a wee bit greener.
1. Floral Stainless Steel Tumbler ($17): Instead of picking up your favorite drink in an ordinary paper cup, carry your coffee in a chic travel mug like this one. You’ll save some trees and your hot beverage will stay hot for much longer. Win-win!
3. All Natural Cleaners and 25 Ways to Use Them: The next time you run out of your cleaning supplies, give eco-friendly ones a try. They’re better for the environment and there is a huge range of scents to spike them, from lavender to sunflowers. (via Brit + Co.)
4. DIY Cloth Napkins and Tea Towels With Mitered Corners: For your next party, why not make your own fun, reusable cloth napkins instead of opening a pack of the paper variety? Pick a pattern and you will be able to use them for many parties to come. (via Dans le Townhouse)
5. New Isn’t Always Better: Few things are as satisfying as finding that one perfect piece for your home in a thrift shop. It’s unique, inexpensive and chances are you won’t find it in anyone else’s house. Plus, whatever you pick up in the thrift store is saved from going into the landfill. (via PopSugar)
6. Best Ever Veggie Burger: Eat vegetarian more often. Even going veggie for just one day a week makes a big impact on the environment. Plus, it’s healthy for you, too! We have tons of recipes that let you miss meat for a minute ;) (via The Kitchn)
7. Snapping Paper Towel Set ($52): If you go through a lot of paper towels, consider picking up some reusable ones. They’re more absorbent and last a long time. And with adorable little designs, cleaning up a spill will be more enjoyable… kind of.
8. DIY Eco Friendly Soaps: There is something incredibly luxurious about handmade soap. Choose soap with natural ingredients and less chemicals than the average bar, or just make your own! (via Fab You Bliss)
9. Biodegradable Paper Straws ($6): We know reusable is best, but sometimes disposable is just more practical. Ensure that your disposable products, like these adorable straws, are also biodegradable. That way, you can have your fun minus the cleanup and minus the guilt.
10. DIY Chic Weekend Tote: Now that you’ve picked up all your eco-friendly items, be sure to carry them all around in a sweet canvas tote. It’s a much better choice for the environment, and you can customize it however you like. Oh yeah, rock that eco-friendly vibe with style. (via Brit + Co.)
What are your favorite ways to go green? Let us know your tips in the comments.